Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Job Descriptions
If you are a leader and you thrive on challenge, are motivated, creative, and can hit the ground running, we want YOU on our team!
This leadership role is a pre-sales function which focuses on driving success through innovative solutions which meet customers' business needs. As the APAC theatre leader, you will lead a team of highly motivated Solutions Consultant Managers with their country/territory-based teams. By partnering with the APAC Sales leader, you will develop GEO specific strategies and drive innovative technical programs across all regions. This position requires strong leadership skills, profound understanding of and working knowledge of industry solutions, such as Converged Infrastructure stacks, Big Data & Analytics and IoT. By utilizing your advanced business knowledge and technical acumen, you will support, drive and create revenue generating activities within the APAC region.
Required Skills and Experience
• Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies; Storage and Server technologies, Virtualization/VMware, Business Continuity, Data Protection, SAN, LAN/WAN Concepts and Architectures.
• Provide leadership and direction to the Canada region based on knowledge of industry/vertical market trends, regional business economics and strategic issues
• Experience supporting and providing input to frameworks for a technical sales organization including "go-to-market" strategies, operational processes, compensation plans, and territory management strategies
• Create technical resource plan for the South region by aligning resources to deliver on commitments and drive results
• Focus on building capacity to achieve high team performance based on customer resource needs
• Assist in determining domain/solution-focused resources and approving requests for these resources
• Provide guidance and direction on technical account strategies that align to customer business requirements and goals
• Collaborate with Regional Sales Director to prioritize and target team opportunities
• Review quantitative information to identify and explain trends
• Lead cross-functional projects within area of responsibility
• Foster a culture that maintains relationships with key customers to facilitate on-going flow of information concerning current and new solution needs, product development initiatives and market conditions that impact solution and product development
• As appropriate, directly engage with Director-level customer decision makers to understand customer business issues and bring the right resources to bear in developing and proposing solutions
• Assist in qualified partner identification at the regional level where appropriate
• Develop positive relationships with Professional Services & Services Delivery leadership to ensure constant collaboration and synchronization between the technical sales process and delivery execution
• Work closely with product management and product marketing to collaborate on solutions and opportunity pursuits
• Provide extensive mentorship and coaching to the Solutions Consultants (SCs)
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, presentation and writing skills
Additional Skills and Experience
• Previous experience in leading a charter of a regional team or group, including redefining organization and charter needs based on the changing needs of the business and/or customer
• Experience working in a hyper-growth environment and an appreciation of how the dynamics of growth affect corporate culture and in-place processes and systems, including an understanding that resources typically trail the business in high-growth environments and require strategies and programs that are flexible, dynamic and agile
• Advanced negotiation skills and ability to influence others
• Ability and experience working in direct, cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
• Active member of the extended pre-sales leadership team passionate about influencing and driving organizational direction and priorities
• Advocate for continual improvement in customer experience to increase brand loyalty for Hitachi Vantara
• Translate Hitachi Vantara's technology vision, strategy, and goals into a compelling value proposition for the team - role model Hitachi Vantara culture and brand values in your own day-to-day leadership
• Provide guidance to the team on identifying win strategies against competitors by demonstrating a good understanding of competitive products and solutions
• Guide team to use defined processes and tools such as SFDC to navigate through the sales cycle
Typically requires BS or equivalent with 10+ years related technical sales industry experience and 3-5 years management experienceOur Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge