As a Project Manager you will manage automation projects to meet the schedule, budget and customer requirements. You will be responsible for reviewing project proposal or planning to determine time frame, funding, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
What You’ll Do:
- Willing to perform engineering tasks
- Examines and understands customer-supplied specifications in order to ensure the functionality of the equipment meets these specifications
- Ensures the equipment being started up and commissioned operates in accordance with the customer requirements as outlined in the approved specification
- Directs program activities pertaining to assembly equipment and coordinates activities of personnel responsible for the design, construction, and implementation of assembly systems; while managing several project simultaneously
- Reviews and approves assembly systems vendors’ proposed designs and processes and follows equipment through all phases of development
- Construct project timelines, monitor and manager those timelines to achieve all delivery milestones
- Directs through team personnel the manufacturing facilities, suppliers or others involved in the development and implementation of assembly systems
- Monitor project closely, providing direction and support to the project team
- Work cross functionally to ensure project success; including accounting, design, manufacturing, engineering and shipping
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or management or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience designing software packages either in mechanical or controls engineering discipline
- 1+ years working knowledge of manufacturing-type contracts, preferably in the automation or machine tool industries
- 1+ years working knowledge of equipment, process, and commonly used design practices for automation projects.
- Experienced with automation systems engineering and integration in the automotive manufacturing industry
Skills You’ll Have
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, controls and software engineering terms and principals
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, as well as Google Applications (such as Gmail, Calendar and Docs)
- Strong work ethic
- 20% Travel to customer sites & other JR locations
- Lead/Manage engineers and technical trades on project teams
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!