Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Android Developer
- Algorithms, OOPS, Data Structures
- Best Practices: SOLID principles, Architectural Patterns-MVVM/Clean code, Design Patterns
- Languages: Kotlin (must), Java (desirable)
- Development Tools: Android Studio, Emulator
- Open source & Commercial libraries: Commonly used in the Android ecosystem, architecture components, Jetpack libraries, Okhttp, Retrofit, Dagger/Hilt/Koin, Push Notifications
- UI/UX Knowledge: XML Layouts, Material Design, Jetpack Compose (desirable), Animation
- Persistence: Room, Realm, Firebase, Preferences, SQLite DB
- Concurrency: Kotlin co-routines, Java multithreading
- Security: Keystore, SSL Pinning
- Performance: Memory Leaks, CPU/RAM Utilization, Cache Management
- Unit testing: JUnits, Automation tests with Espresso/Roboelectric
- Configuration: Gradle, DSL
- Other Technologies: In-App Purchase, App Signing, CI, CD
- Tools: Git, Jira, Confluence
- Technical design and development of Android apps
- Collaborating with the developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
: Kotlin (must), Java (desirable) Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge