The key responsibilities include partnering with development teams and successfully engineering the design of cloud solutions and hardening and releasing cloud services for the developers.
- Assisting in defining/implementing cloud first, cloud native engineering practice for the platform; ensuring that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controlsParticipating in the establishment on an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts and on-going production operations; cultivating a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind setEnsuring development teams are provided a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers)
- Partnering with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules; troubleshooting automation issues and finding practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner
- Being a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice; planning, organizing, and controlling multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives
- Technically guiding projects through to completion; ensuring deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality; working with teams to bring continuous improvement to ALM
- processes and tools
Developing and owning KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes; and having an innovative approach to work, constantly looking to upgrade the system to more efficient and effective new technologies and processes. Telecommuting permitted pursuant to company policy.
- Experience deployment efforts related to Azure IaaS/PaaS
- Experience in hybrid multi-cloud environment - both IaaS and PaaS
- A working understanding of code and script such as: PowerShell, Python, Perl
- Solid understanding of cloud networking concepts
- Experience with Agile and Hybrid development and deployment projects
- Agile or other project management certification is a plus
- Excellent communication / strong interpersonal skills
- Strong documentation skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Experience working with Azure DevOps or similar tools for tracking, developing, deploying software
- Experienced Cloud Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience.
- A dev-ops practitioner with exposure to Infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with Linux, Bash and systems administration.
- Smart and prefer to have others fork your git repos (versus forking some open source project to show commit counts) - in other words exhibit good coding habits and skills.
- Experience scripting in Python, Bash. Declarative IaC languages such as Cloudformation, Terraform, Cloud-init, and Ansible.
- Have openness to touching multiple technologies and platforms - new and old, and working with legacy systems and processes while creating solutions on green field platforms.
- Focus on integrity with an eye for automation to the nth degree.
- Have testing skills - QA mindset with automated tests.
- Beginner to Intermediate level Cloud & systems administration certifications.
- Work with relevant customer leaders to define and create specific implementation plans
- Manage aspects of cloud project implementation including initiation, execution, and delivery
- Engage with multiple vendors / partner teams to ensure minimal risk / business disruption
- Review / assess implementation approach, potential risks, costs, etc.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to each cloud project
- Provide cloud implementation expertise covering infrastructure, architectures, cloud capabilities, security, cost mgmt, etc.
- Ensure all cloud services comply with required security / controls requirements
- Communicate cloud project program health to key stakeholders including senior leadership as needed
- Partner with stakeholders to assist in design, communication and implementation of Strategies, Technology Roadmaps, Standards, Processes, Services, validation of cost-effectiveness
- Stay abreast of new and emerging technologies; evolve to continuously improve offerings
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge