Hitachi Vantara provides secure hyperscale public cloud migration and infrastructure management. Hitachi Vantara is an AWS Premier Consulting Partner, Microsoft Azure Silver Partner.
We are seeking strong Cloud Architects to join our talented team. Hitachi Vantara can support the entire cloud services life cycle for enterprise level organizations, delivering some of the world's largest automated solutions for secure, hyperscale, cloud infrastructure migration and management.
Our solutions allow data-driven businesses to unlock the elasticity and price-performance benefits of Cloud Service Providers, and our experts deliver cloud and as-a-service expertise, extensive security DNA, big data, IoT and predictive analytics and machine learning expertise, so you can expect to work with the coolest technologies every day. Responsibilities
• Designing and implementing Virtual Private Cloud VPC environments, including compute, storage, database, networking, security etc. in the Cloud Provider ecosystem (AWS preferred)
• Knowledge of the Cloud Provider network architecture including designing VPN solutions between regions and subnets
• Knowledge with the Cloud Provider Machine Image architecture including the development of machine templates and blueprints
• Designing the HA / DR strategies in the Cloud Provider ecosystem
• Leading technical teams through design and implementation of systems infrastructure projects and overseeing the build of Cloud environments based on customer requirements
• Validation to ensure that the environment meets all security and compliance controls
• Leveraging written and verbal communication skills to work directly with customers and translate business needs into technical requirements for implementation Required Skills & Experience
• Good working knowledge of Cloud Provider Services and Offerings such as Messaging, Application Services, Migration Services, Cost Management Platform
• Hands-on experience and knowledge of Configuration Management (Chef preferred, Puppet or Ansible) Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins preferred)
• Prior experience provisioning and spinning up Cloud Provider machine clusters
• Hands-on Terraform experience
• Production experience to build scalable systems (load balancers, memcached, master/slave architectures)
• Experience supporting a managed services infrastructure (On-Prem and/or Public cloud)
• Ability to maintain, monitor and optimize production database servers
• Prior work with Cloud Monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti, CloudWatch, Prometheus, etc.)
• Hand-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
• Other Open Source tools used in the infrastructure space (Packer, Terraform, Vagrant, etc.) Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge