This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: R0012504
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2023
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Network Design Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
· Prepare Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design
· Identify, analyze and manage requirements
· Support architecting and Integrating medium-complex networks including fiber design
· Participate in products selection
· Configure and test network (wired and wireless) equipment according to the overall program schedule.
· Support scouting of new technologies
· Support identification and resolution of interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
Support creation of Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks
· Working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
· Working Knowledge of network design patterns and constraints (CCNA or equivalent certification would be an advantage)
· Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
· Working knowledge of wireless communications
· Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
· Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
· Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
· Experience with terminal servers and other similar equipment such as electro-optical converters
· Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
. Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
· knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
· Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.