Meet The Team
Infrastructure Product Management team at Hitachi Vantara brings innovative, eco-friendly and problem-solving data storage products and solutions to the market. Common HW PM team manages the entire lifecycle of hardware products in storage, network, compute and IoT product families. This team is comprised of influential and dedicated individuals who are constantly looking into emerging technologies and market trends and adapting product portfolio to stay ahead of competition in meeting customers' needs. With high flexibility in work location, hours and vacation schedule while working with constantly changing market dynamics, this is a fun place to work. This team has global responsibility.
What You Will Be Doing
You'll focus on two major aspects of the job. One is the business management of your product, and other is product lifecycle management. This position has global responsibility.
• You will be engaged in Network Products Business management at Hitachi Vantara. You will identify new markets, new products, emerging technologies, and build/strengthen partnerships with leading network product providers in the market to enhance Hitachi Vantara's network product portfolio. You'll also be providing thought leadership on the best ways to validate and route storage networking products to market that add value, showcase Hitachi differentiators, and drive consumption of Hitachi hardware and software infrastructure offerings in targeted customer and market segments. Your experience in reporting, analysis and forecasting of key business and financial metrics and building business plans will support you in achieving and exceeding the targets.
• You'll manage the entire lifecycle of the assigned product(s) and solutions. These may include SAN/WAN/IP products. You will collaborate in all Go-to-Market (GTM) activities for new products, upgrades, and coordinate with a cross-functional team toward successful product launch. You'll cooperate with Product Marketing, Sales, and Support teams to influence various sales enablement tools and support readiness. Another key element is to communicate with customers and partners to understand, document and align the business and technical objectives of key solutions. One key deliverable will be the development and delivery of a formal roadmap for Storage Networking portfolio
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
• Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Master's degree in EE/CE/CS or MBA a plus.
• 5 - 8 years' experience, with at least 2 years in Product Management or Systems Engineering in an IT company.
• Technical understanding of data center networking and storage environments, deployments and use cases. Expertise in Fiber Channel, iSCSI, IP and Converged Ethernet networks is required. Familiarity with network technology (L3-4, L2 over L3, routing, load balancing, peer to peer, SDN, Openflow, and monitoring).
• Experience in network design, especially for IP networks and SAN.
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present to customers, industry analysts and executive team.
• Position is based in California, United States and might require travel up to 15% of the time. This is an exciting position that requires a candidate passionate about continuously delivering highly innovative combined software- and hardware-based networking solutions to the market.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge