Meet our Team
We are the Hitachi Vantara Cybersecurity team, and we are passionate advocates of cybersecurity! We have the primary responsibility for safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, systems, and information in the enterprise. We ensure that corporate systems are secure, and we make sure that products that we deliver to customers are free of security flaws and vulnerabilities. Most relevant to this role, we monitor the security of our corporate network, seeking to prevent attacks and intrusions as well as detect any anomalous behavior. We also continually evaluate the architecture of the network to make sure it aligns with good security design and practices.
We are out-of-the-box thinkers, innovators, and team players. We constantly seek new and better ways of doing things. We need highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team who have positive attitudes, and want to be part of something special. We strive for nothing less than the very best information security program! What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Maintaining key network security tools to ensure they are stable and operating effectively, including Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Firewall management system, Network Access Control (NAC) system and the Network Detection and Response (NDR) system.
- Ensure proper integration of networking system components with the SIEM
- Roll out coverage of our key security tools to ensure protection across all offices, data centers, and network segments
- Operate the NAC, and support IT and networking teams as non-compliant hosts are detected connecting to the network and seek to block access and remediate issues discovered
- Work closely with the networking team to ensure security modules in the Palo Alto platforms are all enabled and operating properly.
- Work closely with the networking team to evaluate risky firewall rules, and clean up errant rules that are no longer needed, and/or present risk to the company.
- Provide second line support for investigations by the incident response team if needed.
- Collaborate with the security architects and network architects to ensure that design of the network in any particular office, data center location, or any new projects to transform or mature the network take into account good security practices and deployment of our standard security controls
- Collaborate with IT Teams, including desktop, server administration, and networking on security projects that will strengthen security posture of the network.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with network security tools, including IDS/IPS, NAC, and Firewall management systems.
- Mastery of networking concepts, protocols, and tools, including the OSI model, TCP/IP, common protocols, packet capture tools and diagnosis of networking issues, integration of tools with firewalls, switches, and other networking equipment.
- Comfortable working on configuring networking appliances and platforms, including Cisco and Palo Alto.
- Self-drive and a keen sense of learning new tools, technologies and practice.
- Attention to detail and quality is an absolutely must.
- Strong ethical values and sense of compliance.
- Flexibility to take on new responsibilities and non-routine tasks.
- Willingness to work in an international team.
- Availability for on-call rotation as some operational tasks may require work outside of normal hours.
- Ability to communicate risks and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge