Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
The Senior Technical Support Specialist provides technical support, advice, and assistance to Hitachi Vantara's customers upon their need to address technical, hardware and software system problems. This includes specific products and their integration, as a Solution. The Senior Technical Support Specialist generally deals directly with end users and, as such, must be able to communicate effectively to ensure that requirements as well as answers and advice are well understood by the stakeholders.
The type of problems the Senior Technical Support Specialist deals with varies from simple to complex and may include issues such as end user inabilities to access data, poor performance and/or system inefficiencies. The Senior Technical Support Specialist is part of a team of Customer Service professionals who are responsible for providing Hitachi's customers with excellent experience as part of a fast-paced, worldwide 24x7 support center. Responsibilities:
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Providing senior level support to Hitachi Vantara customers and field teams, including via phone and online tools.
- Assisting in the resolution of technical support issues including hardware/software configuration problems, product failures, and technical inquiries.
- Perform problem and customer situation management, escalate to the next level of support, when necessary, communicate critical case status to management.
- Case management
- Utilize multiple applications and technical tools to assist in troubleshooting, communication, and time management.
- Contribute to Knowledge
- Attend training sessions and potentially assist in conducting training/workshops.
Participate in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of customer success.
- Aptitude for providing excellent customer service including clear communication, problem solving and technical writing skills
- Possess good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously within a fast paced and changing environment
- Positive self-starter, able to take direction, and work within a team environment
- Aptitude to learn and support new products and systems
- Ability to work nights, weekends, or standby shifts as needed to meet schedule requirements
- Skills in one or more of the following areas are highly desired:
IP Networking Concepts (TCP/IP, Active Directory)
Cloud based Solutions
Programming Skills (Python, REST API)
Network Attached Storage
Operating systems (Windows, Linux, VMware)
Enterprise Storage Solutions (Hitachi, EMC, IBM)
Fibre Channel Protocol and Solutions (Brocade, Cisco)
Other software solutions (Veritas, MSCS, Oracle, Exchange)
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge