Hitachi Vantara is the global business and IT consulting company of Hitachi Ltd and is recognised as a leader in delivering proven business strategies and technology solutions. Hitachi Vantara UK offers the agility of a smaller firm, the stability of a larger firm and the innovation that comes from being part of the global Hitachi group.
With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, Hitach Consulting UK works with organisations to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement solutions that provide measurable value quickly through the inspired work of great people.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
An opportunity exists for a Technical Architect and Implementation Lead to join our Digital Solutions practice which provides functional, technical, cloud solution and infrastructure remote and on-site support to the global client base of Hitachi Vantara. The candidate will have expertise of cloud and infrastructure as their main skillset as well as implementation experience.
We are looking for a Technical Architect to design the structure of IT systems and oversee programs to ensure that proper architecture is implementedWork profile
As a technical architect, you will be working on IT projects from end to end. This essentially means that you need to design and implement networks, systems, cloud and infrastructure from commercial to enterprise business. You will be required to liaise with people from different backgrounds from management to designers and programmers to ensure that the project meets the needs of the customers and business use-case. Having hands-on experience in infrastructure and cloud solutions and the ability to manage complex projects and break out implementation plan are a necessity for this role.
Successful candidates will recognise the need for pragmatic application, cloud solution, infrastructure architecture of their technical expertise, with the ability to problem solve allied to an ability to express their opinions to decision makers, forming the core of their skill set.
The main responsibilities relate to the design and working closely with SA, technical team on solution will be offered to customer as well as breakout technical tasks for technical team
- Understand customer & project needs to define system architecture and specification as well as solution design.
- Work as technical solution architect and implementation lead, keeping in mind all aspects of each system from a business as well as technical point of view
- Must take responsibility for the overall technical direction of the project and product
- Work with Solution Architect team in planning and designing the structure of a technology solution and low level design.
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams and understand overall architecture as well as up-stream and downstream requirement of application stack.
- Conduct research from time to time to ascertain those third-party solutions that are most appropriate and suggest ways of integrating them into overall solution.
- Keeping a constant check on the quality and effectiveness of technical operation procedures so that at no point there is a deviation from the industry standard
- Monitor the technical competencies of ITO BU by looking for new technology and techniques need for skillset investment
- Oversee assigned programs and provide guidance to team members
- Help to cooperate, lead technical team to solve technical problems when they arise.
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Monitoring, managing and resolving support incidents in conjunction with the central Managed Services Helpdesk for accounts in charge.
- Involvement in the development of new IT solutions and the maintenance of support documentation
- Working as part of a wider architectural team to ensure the feasibility of the end to end client solution and its alignment to the future technical and business direction of client
- Performing standardized and bespoke technical activities during the deployment and support of client environments.
- Creating and maintaining client specific technical documentation
- Performs various technical and process analysis activities to gather required information for the resolution of an issue
- Responding to functional and technical elements of requests for information
- Resolving customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives
- Support to Sales team in pricing all elements of the end to end solution
- Working with teams and clients across multiple geographies (India, UK, Iberia, Vietnam and US)
- Last but not least, support assessing solutions, technical delivery and estimate for technical effort and technical support scope.
- Proven experience as Technical Architect, Infrastructure & Cloud architect
- Technical lead and Implementation experience.
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment (Service now, Jira...)
- Service Oriented Architecture / Cloud implementation and migration services
- An understanding of IT security standards and associated design considerations
- Understanding of business needs and IT industry.
- Expertise in Cloud and infrastructure architecture and implementation plan.
- Experience in strategic IT Solutions and architecture thinking.
- Experience of automated systems monitoring and alerting products
- Experience of Virtualization, KVM, Kubernetes, Docker, Container.
- Experience of OSs like Linux, Windows and other Unix System.
- Experience of Network & Security Design
- Experience of backup solution both on-premise and cloud-base.
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to manage project from end to end.
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to prioritize and adapt
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Have more 5 years experience with Technical Architect, Cloud & infrastructure architect.
- Have more 3 years experience in service delivery, implementation lead as well as project planning and management.
- Ability to design full stack solutions or lead architect experience.
- Experience of Application Architecture.
- Experience of Data Operation and Governance.
- Experience of ITDRP or BCP.
- Experience of Security Design both on-premise and on-cloud.
- Cloud certificate Azure, AWS, GCP, IBM.
- Architect certificate Open TOGAF or other equivalent
- System, network, security certificate in prior career development
- PMP or equivalent.