We are recruiting a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to work as part of the software development team in Hitachi Vantara Engineering, who are responsible for designing, developing and testing the Hitachi NAS Platform product ( https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/storage/network-attached-storage-platform.html
As part of an agile team you will understand the deliverables and pro-actively take part in the team's self-organisation to ensure sprint goals are met. You will play a key role in shaping the design, testing and integration of prioritised work. This will involve tackling problems of diverse scope, designing and implementing tests to ensure the quality of the product.
An ideal candidate will understand the Scrum framework for software development and will be willing to work as part of a team to achieve common sprint goals.
Duties are likely to involve software design, coding, hands-on adhoc and exploratory testing, and automated test development work. You will also help to define test strategies and promote test coverage and test automation helping us move towards shorter integration and deployment cycles.
A successful candidate must have a proven record of accomplishments in automated test development. Responsibilities:
- Design and implement automated tests in collaboration with the agile development team.
- Create and execute ad-hoc and exploratory tests to ensure the quality of the product
- Build and support automated testing infrastructure
- Track automation related and product related defects to closure
- Integrate automated test cases into the CI/CD workflow
- Test and develop software across the stack (embedded C++, APIs, management applications and user interfaces).
- Maintain existing tests, and eventually be involved in diagnosing and resolving escalated problems.
- Work as a part of an agile scrum team to deliver team commitments and achieve continual improvements.
- Produce and maintain high quality documentation
- Ensure good, automated regression test coverage
- Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience. At least 5 years in quality engineering or development
- Programming experience in Python, C++ and/or Java, Selenium web driver.
- Proficient sysadmin skills across all major OS (Linux and Windows is a must), storage systems, hypervisors, and containers
- Aptitude - self-starter, love of learning, inquisitive mind, openness to new ideas
- Excellent attention to detail, and adaptability to change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Driven, self-motivated, with a strong work ethic; an individual who has a passion for problem solving and improving engineering deliverables.
- Experience with any of the following technologies would be an advantage:
o Network Attached Storage (NAS)
o Storage systems
o Unix/Windows client/server environments
o File serving protocols e.g. NFS or SMB
• Experience with (or strong knowledge of) automation infrastructure would be beneficial
e.g. Jenkins, Salt, Docker, etc.
• Scrum master experience or certification is a plus