Job ID: R0012439
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Hardware Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position will be located in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
The Senior Hardware Engineer will be required to perform the following duties: (1) Develop cost effective and innovative products and platforms with longevity, versatility, and inter-operability through the use of railroad specific industry standards;
(2) Guarantee the design and the implementation of a complete HW solution (components, documentation and tools), including design against obsolescence, and Product Production Issues;
(3) Ensure the proper requirements management for all the phases of the hardware lifecycle, according to company standard processes;
(4) Contribute on the definition and ensure the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices in coherence with the Development function;
(5) Ensure the proper planning and management (including staffing) of the HW development activities;
(6) Contribute to provide the proper level of support to the other functional units (RAMS, Verification, Test & Commissioning);
(7) Troubleshoot product applications in all the product life-cycle phases; and (8) Provide input on company technology and assist portfolio management in product roadmap plan.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering as well as five years of experience in a hardware engineering position.
Experience required with the following:
(1) experience with hardware design using microprocessors, microcontrollers, Altera and Xilinx FPGAs, and FPGA Design tools;
(2) experience with design using VHDL and Verilog Hardware description languages;
(3) experience with all phases of hardware design process from product conceptualization, product design, Integration, Testing, Verification and Validation, and manufacturing support;
(4) experience with designing products capable of passing EMI/EMC standards; (5) experience with product design for wayside and onboard systems according to CENELEC and AREMA standards;
(6) experience in operating with cross functional engineering teams (including electrical and mechanical, systems);
(7) experience working with lab test equipment (including Oscilloscope, data acquisition systems, climatic chambers) for test and verification; (8) experience with performing and documenting design and test activities in accordance with CENELEC Standards;
(9) experience with technical troubleshooting and debugging;
(10) experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle; and
(11) experience with designing/simulation using Altium, PCAD, and LTSpice and test development using NI LabVIEW
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals With Disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.