Meet our Team
SHORT INTRO TO THE TEAM
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Engineering Expert - Cloud Network Engineering Responsible for design and implementation of public cloud networking solutions.
- Provide engineering to operate and support mission critical infrastructure services to all consumers in Novartis which are in the scope of the BEF and/or COE, ensuring their stability and integrity.
- The Public Cloud Network Engineering Expert is Senior IT professional delivering technical expertise in support of public cloud network design and interaction within Novartis and with its Cloud providers of choice.
- Provides subject matter expertise for change assessment and planning and during management of major incidents and problems
- Designs and develops IT network for public cloud
- Writes documentation specific to the allocated/defined application, system or technology environment (e.g. requirements / functional specifications, designs, build documentation)
- Profiles and troubleshoots applications
- The role ensures the successful end-to-end operation of IT security systems / the successful design, development, deployment and maintenance of monitoring solutions and services.
- The role supports the optimal planning and execution of all activities associated with cloud environments with a focus in scalability and performance.
- Public Cloud Network Engineer provides analytical support for incident and problem resolution
- Design, implement and maintain security/infrastructure requirements for development / testing environment
- Work in close collaboration with Architecture and Operations to integrate new solutions
- Ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of solutions required for new projects
- Ensure a high integration of infrastructure/security components
- Help to drive architectural improvements and standardization for the infrastructure/security environments
- Develop and enhance automated processes to release new solutions into the live environment
- Ensure controls are in place for all configuration items and only authorized changes are made for all assets within enterprise IT environment
- Accountable to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Engineering service scope In addition to accountabilities listed above in Job Purpose: Provides end-to-end analytical support to ensure the delivery of Service related requests.
- Communicates service requests to other IT resources that will be involved in fulfilling them. Responsible for defining, analysing, planning, measuring and improving all aspects of the availability of IT services.
- Proactively improves service availability wherever possible and optimizes the availability of the IT infrastructure to deliver cost-effective improvements that deliver tangible benefits to the business.
- Creates, maintains and regularly reviews an availability management system and a forward-looking availability plan, aimed at improving the overall availability of IT services and infrastructure components; so ensures that existing and future availability requirements can be met. Responsible for designing infrastructure components and systems required to provide a service. Provides incident and problem analytical support in support of resolution, follow up and prevention thereof.
- Support external technical resources in providing the right expertise to deliver and shape the service
- Ensure Public Cloud Service is delivered in line with Service Delivery manager
- Build knowledge and expertise in the specific areas covered by the Cloud Service
- Ensures necessary technical training, awareness and experience levels are maintained within the function
- Report to Service Deliver Manager on service issues and / or opportunities to optimize the public cloud services
Nice to have skills:
- AWS Direct Connect and Direct Connect Gateway
- AWS Transit Gateway , Transit VIF, Inter/Intra region Peering , Routing domains -Association Propagation in Transit Gateway.
- AWS Network Load balancers , Application load balancer and Importantly Gateway Load balancer implementation with Paloalto's in Autoscale.
- AWS Private Link services ( end point and end point services)
- AWS Route 53 Resolver and Route 53 using Endpoints for DNS resolvers (private Hosted Zone
- VPC , VPC services (Nat gateways, Internet Gateways, VPN Gateway, subnets, route tables, ) Security Groups , Flow Logs
- Good knowledge of AWS IAM Policies, Roles , KMS
- Troubleshooting using , CloudWatch , Splunk , CloudTrail,
- Understanding of CloudFormation and infrastructure as a Code is required.
- Cisco CSR, Catalyst8000,
- Palo alto with advanced level of BGP implementation , Security profiles and Panorama Integration.
- Deep understanding of Routing technologies, like BGP, OSPF, NHRP etc
- DMVPN implementation and ,SDWAN knowledge
- Subnetting CIDR preparation for larger network for entire regions.
- Network Architecture designing and implementation.
- F5 WAF , Imperva , Squid Proxies etc.
- Documentation : Proof of Concept document, Design specific Documentation, Installation Qualification , LLD, HLD KBA etc..
- Tools Knowledge preferred -Tacacs, Tufin , NNMI, NetBrain, NetIM, Panorama, Cisco Prime, PAM,
- Strong scripting and automation skills with one or more of the following: Python,
Type of Project (Development/Support/Migration/Upgrade/etc....):
- Business fluent in English (written and spoken) Good written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years related experience in designing, planning, documenting and implementing cloud focused solutions with network at its core or 5+ years Senior Network Engineering experience in a global enterprise.
- Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Management of automation solutions with Ansible.
- Proven record in leadership with complex network projects on a global scale.
- Proven experience in System Development / Deployment and Project Management Provides authoritative technical and professional guidance to external and/or internal stakeholders Interacts with a typically diverse internal and external audience and is required to interpret and communicate complex information
- Understands the needs of the business and aspects of the external environment ( and their impact on the own area of responsibility )
- Knowledge on hybrid public cloud design concepts
- Knowledge of IP networking and security in AWS - VPNs, DNS, load balancing, security, and interaction with on-site security and networking systems. Certification is a plus.
- Strong scripting and automation skills with one or more of the following: Python, Bash, Ruby in an operational setting.
- Experience with code versioning systems like git.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as a code tools like terraform, puppet or similar.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows systems administration skills in a cloud or virtualized environment.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Splunk or Riverbed Steel Central.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Understanding of Agile methodology is a plus.
- Previous experience to work in pharmaceutical companies is a plus.
Support/MigrationShifts, If any:
NoneClient Interview (Yes/No):
Yes Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge