Senior Java Consultant Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. The Role
An opportunity exists for a Java Consultant to join our Digital Solutions practice which provides functional, technical, DBA and infrastructure remote and on-site support to the global client base of Hitachi Vantara. The candidate will have Java as their main skillset.What you'll be doing
The main responsibilities relate to the management and maintenance of Java solutions.
What you bring to the team
- Monitoring, managing and resolving support incidents in conjunction with the central Managed Services Helpdesk;
- Involvement in the development of new IT solutions and the maintenance of support documentation;
- Working as part of a wider architectural team to ensure the feasibility of the end to end client solution and its alignment to the future technical and business direction of client
- Performing standardised and bespoke technical activities during the deployment and support of client environments.
- Creating and maintaining client specific technical documentation
- Performs various technical and process analysis activities to gather required information for the resolution of an issue
- Providing design and specification development support to consultants
- Responding to functional and technical elements of requests for information
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools
- Resolving customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives
- Participating in 24x7 on-call rotation and perform after hours support, as needed
- Working on shifts
- Working with teams and clients across multiple geographies (India, UK, Iberia, Vietnam and US)
- JS or Angular.JS
- JSP / Servlets
- Web Frameworks like Struts / Spring
- Service Oriented Architecture / Web Services - SOAP / REST
- Markup Languages like XML and JSON.Front-end: AngularJS , Webpack, HMTL and CSS3
- Proven experience in working with source code repository and Visual studio online if possible
- Proven T-SQL skills in creating and maintaining stored procedures, tables and views
- An understanding of IT security standards and associated design considerations
- An understanding of source code review
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment
- Ability to create File, eMail, sFTP, SQL Server, HTTP and SMTP interfaces.
- Experience of automated systems monitoring and alerting products
- Experience of other enterprise Relational database technologies, e.g. SQL Server, etc.
- Experience of Linux, MQ
- Experience of Spring Framework: Spring Boot and Spring REST
- Experience of Spark Streaming + YARN
- Experience of Cassandra, Cloudera, Spark, Pentaho
- Experience of Google and Azure cloud.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge