Job ID: R0012554
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Entry Level
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Intern -Associate RAMS Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Reliability Engineering focuses on developing, coordinating, and conducting technical reliability studies on engineering designs to assess the likelihood that a product/process performs its intended function over the intended lifecycle including: Measuring and analyzing the reliability of the design, materials, processes, cost, and final products of production. Recommending design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability. Completing risk analysis studies of new designs and processes. Undertaking testing and analysis on failures, proposing changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability An Entry Professional (P1) applies broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education. May require the following proficiency: Work is closely supervised. Problems faced are not typically difficult or complex. Explains facts, policies and practices related to job area.
- Ensure the organization, scheduling, implementation and monitoring of project RAMS and V&V activities, supporting the identification of competencies required to perform such activities, requesting adequate RAMS staffing to the relevant functional managers.
- Assist the project RAMS team for the achievement of project safety and reliability requirements.
- Contribute to the following activities and communicate the relevant information to the PM:
- Workload management with periodic workload updates and analysis of deviations.
- Critical path management and alignment of RAMS schedule with project master schedule, in order to avoid unplanned interruption of activities in RAMS stream.
- Proactive risk management for early detection of cost, schedule, technical and resource issues and proposal of recovery plans.
- Ensure the delivery of RAMS documentation on the project.
- Ensure the provision of schedule and cost constrains to relevant Product, Signaling and System RAMS Engineers
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• From 0 to 3 years of RAMS Experience
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Application V&V Testing
• RAMS analysis and methodology
• Subsystem Technical knowledge
• RAMS Safety knowledge
Education: Technical Degree or equivalent experience
Languages: English Proficient
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.