Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara's Global Human Resources Team is seeking a strong Global Strategic HR Business Partner who will work with leadership and client groups supporting the DS Team (Digital Solutions) business unit which mostly includes go-to-market and consulting services for 5,000 global associates. This individual will partner heavily with the executive and business leaders to access, anticipate and facilitate organizational and people strategies that enable short-term and long-term business success.
The Global Strategic HR Business Partner will interact with HR Centers of Excellence (COEs such as Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, HR Shared Services) to drive delivery of people programs and services. This candidate will support activities such as compensation reviews, performance management, succession planning preparation, employee engagement action planning, data and analytics creation and dissemination, employee data audits, restructure prep and corrective actions. This individual will need demonstrated skills in employee relations, coaching senior business leaders, influencing across the business, and will frequently be required to roll up sleeves to problem solve. Additionally, they will need to be comfortable operating effectively in ambiguous, dynamic situations at times. Candidates MUST have a solid HRBP background in supporting consulting services (managing consultants who are the employees) for a global IT company or consulting firm, has worked with India Operations and is business driven and savvy. This is an Individual Contributor role at the Director level but will need to work with and manage matrix teams (no directs). What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Lead and facilitate the people activities for the assigned teams and align HR services, programs, and priorities to drive business objectives
- Execution of projects, programs, strategies, and organizational workforce plans in the assigned function/country
- Support organizational and people discussions with HR COEs in order to deliver HR services, programs and employee lifecycle activities in assigned function/country.
- Bring data and analytics expertise to life, telling the story and identifying trends to inform better decision making
- Work with leadership to ensure the organization is aligned to the corporate strategy, culture and values and drive diversity.
- Drive employee engagement and focus on the employee experience
- Develop and grow leadership effectiveness - challenge, coach and mentor respective business leaders on business and people issues to enable them to perform more effectively as an overall business.
- Operate as an advisor developing strong relationships with leaders, valued for the ability to synthesize information and facilitate decision-making.
- Work in partnership with the Business Leaders and other HV leadership colleagues to help develop and grow a business unit model that supports and delivers against the long-term growth strategy of the business
This position is 100% remote. Our Company
- 10+ years of HRBP experience at a Senior Level supporting consulting services in high-tech global company or consulting firm.
- Must have experience supporting India Operations.
- Strong knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines, including but not limited to employee relations, workforce planning, compensation and learning and development.
- An undergraduate degree required.
- Strong executive communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills; able to work effectively across all levels, geographies within the organization, as well as proficient at senior stakeholder management.
- Coaching skills and experience with leaders at all levels an advantage
- Maintain composure and productivity in a fast-paced matrixed environment; flexible and adaptable, an individual who embraces change and has a passion for process improvement.
- Data driven, detail-oriented and savvy with metrics and analytics. Can use data to tell a story and influence business decision making.
- An individual who builds relationships, is considered trustworthy, always ethical, balancing needs of our employees and the business.
- Experience managing sensitive employee relations matters with diplomacy, neutrality, and objectivity.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pio