Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What you'll be doing
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Test Engineer to join our quality test lab. The candidate will primarily focus on running QA, and interoperability test with Hitachi Storage Array, identify bug and fixes. The candidate will be responsible for providing exceptional end-to-end delivery to stakeholders. This individual should be an enthusiastic, articulate, and motivated individual with a passion for delivering fantastic products to our customers.
Key job functions include
• Running QA, and interoperability test.
• Coordinate with manager on deliverables.
• Manage and track project related issues.
• Escalate test issue as appropriate.
• Produce relevant communications to stakeholders.
• Problem-solving. What you bring to the team
4-6 years of hands-on experience on SAN hardware components along with their configuration and administration, good knowledge on FC and iSCSI protocol.
• 4-6 years of in-depth knowledge in any Operating System( Linux / Windows / VMware).
• Experience in virtualization products like VMware vSphere, vSAN, Windows Hyper-V, Linux KVM.
• Certification on at least 1 Operating System(VMWare, Windows, Linux) is mandatory.
• Ability to work independently, dealing with day-to-day problems with minimal oversight.
• Develop and produce reports, presentations, and white papers in various areas of storage feature and functions.
• Give technical presentations internally, and across different functional units.
Desired Skill set
• Hands on experience with any cloud technology.
• Knowledge on Shell scripting and Python programming.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
• 4-6 years of total work experience and 4+ years in Storage/SAN/NAS.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge