Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
5+ years of experience in a systems administration role covering large-scale web service and Big Data infrastructures.
What you bring to the team
Proven experience installing and debugging complex, distributed infrastructure.
• Strong understanding of hardware, TCP/IP networking and security.
• A track record of automating systems administration processes to improve system conformity and scale and reduce MTTR
• Be 'remote hands' to implement and maintain hardware in a remote data centre
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
• Support Hadoop Clusters as necessary
• Support high-performance, distributed systems and system monitoring tools in hosted environments and AWS "
- Expertise in bash and other Linux scripting languages, and proficiency in SQL.
• Experience in CI/DC tools- Dockers, Git, Jenkins.
• Experience supporting infrastructure for Hadoop.
- Experience in both On-Premises hosted environments and Cloud ce supporting high- performance, distributed systems and system monitoring tools
- Experience working with 'remote hands' to implement and maintain hardware in a remote data centre.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge