Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
Power BI Developers are responsible for developing high-quality datasets and visually stunning reports while working closely with the clients, from gathering and scoping the requirements to delivery and handoff. This role requires walking clients through full Power BI implementation and roadmap, including Power BI governance and roll-out strategy. Projects may range from short-term client assessments to multiyear delivery engagements with large, blended teams.Qualifications
- A minimum of 4-years full-time development experience using the Tabular engine
- Able to quickly provide both M and DAX solutions
- Proven experience conducting Power BI governance & technical training workshops
- Ability to liaise with data engineers to align the physical model to reporting requirements • Able to set data quality standards and deploy supporting processes.
- Strong ability to quickly propose solutions by recalling the latest best practices learned from MVP & Product Team articles, MSFT documentation, whitepapers, and community publications
- A passion for understanding and integrating business semantics into technology solutions
- A talented communicator with presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills
- Excellent organization, planning, and prioritizing skills with a proactive approach to resolving issues
- Ability to lead projects
- Familiarity with the Azure data platform, e.g., ADLS, Synapse, ADF, Databricks etc.
We would like to see a blend of the following technical skills:
- DAX, M, PowerShell, and T-SQL
- VertiPaq and MashUp
- Power BI Desktop, Power BI Dataflows, Tabular Editor, DAX Studio, and VertiPaq Analyzer
- Power BI Service architecture design and administration
- Information Design
- Data modelling using the Kimball methodology
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status#REMOTE#LI-BA1