Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Guideway & Third Rail Technician to work on our RIYADH Project. This position will require someone who’s on their toes: a doer who’s looking to grow long-term within our business of railway and mass transit signalling system.
The position is based in RIYADH, starting as soon as possible.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions
- Metro Riyadh Line 3
- Princess Noura University
Constantly monitor the performances of the ongoing maintenance regime to ensure continual improvement of assets reliability and availability and, at the same time, an optimized lifecycle cost.
- Assist the Team Leader in executing out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities in accordance with approved Maintenance Plans and following implemented safety rules and processes.
- Ensure all maintenance activity completed is logged appropriately on the Maintenance Management System.
- Assist the Team Leader in conducting routine inspections, unscheduled maintenance, inspecting parts for surface defects, changing of consumable items, perform minor repairs and technical cleaning of all the third rail & track systems.
- As per Assist the Team Leader's guidance, follow the appropriate and approved maintenance procedures and instructions to ensure compliance with the requirements and safe system of work.
- Be aware of surroundings and report any maintenance issues that have not already been identified.
- Collaborate with Assist the Team Leader and colleagues in Operations departments effectively
- Assist the Team Leader and other technical support staff to implement asset configuration change.
- Ensure that appropriate, certified tools and equipment are used in all works, including inspections.
- Ensure the maintenance tools are calibrated and in date where required and in good condition prior to use
- Perform shift and emergency duties as and when required
- Produce and maintain accurate maintenance records of third rail & track, tools, and work accomplished and other information using a computerized maintenance management system ( CMMS)
- Drive automotive equipment to work sites as and when required.
- Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the Team Leader and or Supervisor
Safety Critical Responsibilities
- Perform roles necessary for the management of the safe system of work, including meeting tight maintenance schedules.
- Implement and follow Permit to Work process.
- Operating points (locally).
- Communicating with Signalers and Line Controllers.
- Communicating with electrical control operators.
- Communicating with persons responsible for a Track Possession, Worksite or movements of rail vehicles within a Possession.
- Safety critical communications by others.
- Protecting a rail vehicle stopped by an accident, failure, obstruction or other exceptional incident.
- Controlling the movement of a rail vehicle.
- Working as a Pilotman during single line working or emergencies.
- Checking that goods are properly and safely loaded.
- Installing track, components or structures supporting the permanent way.
- Maintaining track, components or structures supporting the permanent way.
- Installing and commissioning new infrastructure.
- Inspecting track.
- Checking the settings and calibrations on an OTM prior to use on the running line.
- Operating an OTM that alters the track profile.
- Operating a vehicle on the permanent way to carry out maintenance on the permanent way or supporting structures, including the use of rail, road/rail, road wheeled or tracked vehicles.
- Protecting people working on or near the track
- Protecting people in possessions.
- Vocational Diploma in Electrical, mechanical or civil engineering will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment and safety procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of rail equipment to include Vehicle.
- Safely operate vehicles, emergency trucks and other equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to write simple technical reports.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to adhere to policies, rules and procedures.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Team player, able to support fellow team members and colleagues.
- This role works on a shift basis covering 24/7 operations.
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Previous metro system maintenance experience.
- 2 -3 years of experience in maintenance of third rail & tracks in railway industry.
- Should be completely aware of the interference & consequences of a failure in the track in a metro system.
- Ability to write simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.