Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
This Global Information Security and Compliance role is responsible for helping Hitachi Vantara achieve and maintain authorisations and certifications that enable our services to be delivered into various vertical business markets across the world, meeting the contractual requirements of our customers. Specifically, this individual is responsible for security compliance and risk advisory, readiness, audit, and continuous monitoring programs for the Hitachi Vantara Global Delivery business unit activities across the globe, focusing on secure multinational service operations delivered to our customers. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- This is a highly visible customer facing role, providing leadership for Information Security, Governance, Risk and Compliance in alignment to both regulatory and contractual requirements, with regular interaction with both Hitachi Vantara Global Delivery partners and the customer's senior management
- Developing a strong understanding of business requirements and expectations, delivering expert guidance to Hitachi Vantara teams and customers, as they work to satisfy expectations, and supporting ongoing activities required to achieve and maintain industry authorisations and certifications
- Managing security-related business controls of assigned customers, working closely with Hitachi Vantara Global Delivery peers and partners to deliver an always secure, audit ready service environment in support of the designated accounts
- Managing audit cycles for international certifications including implementing, planning, evidence collection, testing, and reporting of internal audit tasks
- Planning, authoring and managing the compliance work to develop continuous improvement practice and readiness for the coming audit periods
- Working collaboratively and establishing strong connections with various members of the Hitachi Vantara Global Delivery organisation, consulting partners, external auditors, regulators, and business partners in various global regions, and serve as an advisor to the business
- Shaping compliance programs in the Hitachi Vantara Global Delivery business unit and working with a team of subject matter experts, from multiple disciplines and countries, to help define and deliver on the compliance needs of the business, while helping Hitachi Vantara deliver new and support existing offerings for our customers
- Providing input into Global Delivery Information Security policies, standards, baselines, and other related service delivery compliance documents
- Actively participating as a member of the Incident Management Process, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents and proactively coordinate BU Cyber risk resolution
- Evaluating and advising the business on new and evolving regional certification programs, requirements, and technologies, such as other frameworks including ISO/IEC 27017, Cyber Essentials, TISAX, NIST CSF, PCI-DSS, ABS OSPAR, MAS, HIPAA/HITRUST etc.
- Success will be measured by your ability to assist with the execution of various stages of the secure and compliant service delivery, from pre-contract contributions for conceptual design, control assignment, mitigation planning, through to operational security management tasks and regular reporting.
- Experience working with large scale cloud computing companies and/or ITSM companies with change management and information security risk & governance experience across multiple industry verticals and geographies
- A positive attitude and be pro-active analytical thinker, highly organized, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task with excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build relationships, motivate people, instil accountability, and drive results thanks to the ability to translate information security and compliance risks for technical and non-technical members of the organisation
- The ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints, to operate autonomously and lead meetings and projects with minimal guidance with experience of compiling information for the purposes of internal and external audits/regulatory commitments
- Proven experience in IT security management knowledge, skills and experience performing IT compliance audit, cybersecurity audit, risk assurance or IT advisory
- Prior experience in audit execution of more than one of the following compliance frameworks: (ISO/IEC 27001, SOC 1 and SOC 2 (Type 2) Reporting
- Knowledge of NIST CSF, Cyber Essentials Plus
Useful understanding of PCI DSS, FedRAMP and/or NIST 800 Series, ISO/IEC 27017/27018, TISAX, ISO/IEC 22301
- Prior experience in IT security-managing role, as this role works with all levels of partners, up to and including CxO's, the Customer Account Team, suppliers and third parties, on a day-to-day basis
- A relevant degree or professional security qualification such as CISSP, CCSP or CISM and ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge