Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings. You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry. Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Lab Technician B ROLE:
Conduct testing on metal samples; maintain records and data in accordance with Waupaca Foundry procedures. RESPONSIBILITES/QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. BENEFITS :
- Analyze samples for chemistry and notify metallurgist and melt department of elements trending towards control limits. Recognize trends and adjust alloy additions to maintain chemistry.
- Tensile testing of cast iron bars per ASTM standards; and other mechanical property testing such as hardness and wedge testing.
- Prepare microstructural analysis for examination; including grinding and polishing chilled wafers, cast iron coupons, and samples from castings.
- Operate optical microscope for microstructural analysis per AFS and DIS rating charts.
- Operate and maintain all laboratory equipment with calibrations, verifications and regular maintenance.
- Data entry for record-keeping and maintain laboratory data.
- Compile lab reports upon metallurgical request for new jobs, samples, and customer certifications.
- Maintain hold codes for shipping to ensure quality.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of metallurgical laboratory.
- Good verbal and written communication with all areas of the facility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and work night shift.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement