Hitachi Vantara has a world class IT infrastructure product portfolio and our EMEA business is performing well. Our Customer Service and Support (CS&S) Field Solutions Engineers (FSE) are a geo based team, currently with 8 members within EMEA that are responsible for the support of our customers across EMEA. Customers range from banks, telco, utility and public accounts, all with mission critical Hitachi solutions deployed.
CS&S are a close knit team of field solutions engineers that have fantastic relationships with our customers and their technical teams. We are pleased to say that we are currently looking to add another permanent team member.
Specific duties in this role will include:
- Maintaining a high level of expertise (SME level) in consolidated storage solutions - including SAN connectivity and host software integration
- Taking proactive measures such as solution health-checks to prevent issues before they occur. Ensure these are as well implemented as best practices and processes in the field.
- Undertaking the role of technical lead for specific projects, tasks, escalations as assigned
- Work closely with Global Delivery, partner, and client organizations to ensure all baseline solution installation and configuration activities have been accomplished and are in alignment with stated client deployment requirements.
- Ensure a smooth transition from pre sales to post sales for all deployments to guarantee a successful customer implementation
- Managing the resolution of both complex solution-oriented incidents and product faults using a structured approach and relevant Hitachi Vantara toolsets
- Identifying opportunities for improving customer care, whether internal or external
As a Field Solutions Support Engineer, you must be a well-organized, adaptable, and clear thinker with the ability to effectively manage competing business priorities. You must have the ability to coordinate/manage projects between customers, local delivery teams, and remote teams, and to work calmly and effectively under pressure at customer sites. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to interact well with customers, users, senior level management, sales teams, and your technical peers Specific qualifications for the role include:
- 5-10 years of IT industry technical support experience
- Expert knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions, including storage, connectivity, file & content, software, and performance
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Outstanding incident-resolution skills and the ability to lead and manage difficult situations both up- and down-stream
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken business English
- Willingness to travel to client sites as required
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge