Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Depot Equipment Technician to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City, HI.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Ensure the MMIS System data base is kept up to date
- Act as the MMIS System Administrator and control access and authority rights in accordance with the MMIS Access Permission log
- Manage application issues that are cross functional and coordinate between all relevant teams
- Investigate issues related to the MMIS by Engineering and Maintenance staff
- Provide technical support and training to new users of the MMIS
- Ensure that the MMIS systems down time is minimized and that data is backed-up regularly
- Produce MMIS reports noting any potential areas of improvements
- Evaluate enhancement and changes to MMIS and recommend improvements to the Engineering and Asset Manager
- Implement approved changes to the MMIS
- Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the Engineering & Asset Engineer
- Ensure a culture of customer service excellence and continuous improvement is delivered across the organization.
- Submit any scheduled reports or documentation required to supervisors or line managers as directed.
- Ensure that whatever management systems and tools are mandated for your department are used responsibly and accurately, ensuring reporting timelines are met for data input. Be aware and adhere to all departmental operational procedures and instructions.
- Be aware and adhere to all Human Resources procedures and instructions.
- Be aware and adhere to the Quality Policy and all related procedures and instructions relating to your department.
- Participates in training as require
- Ensure that quality is embedded into the delivery of all work in line with established policies, systems, plans, procedures and work instructions by following the training you have been provided with
- Evaluate new enhancements to the MMIS on a cost / benefit basis
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Science or Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of an MMIS system preferably MAXIMO
- Ability to enter new assets into the MMIS system database
- Ability to write technical reports, routine business correspondence
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative and demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies
- Training skills
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience as a computer or information technology technician covering Maintenance Management Including Systems including functional design of the MMIS, configuration of software, system administration rights.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected].
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.