Meet our Team
Hitachi is a global $5bn Data Solutions and Services company, we are undertaking a major IT transformation in our Global Supply Chain Group. Customer Experience is at the heart of everything we do, every decision we make, each action we take is to benefit the customer. Our purpose is to empower people to stay one step ahead in life and in business. This is the place if you want to work at a place with lots of freedom to innovate, where we are committed to deliver stable and secure service and a "single version of the truth" to end users. We have a 'no nonsense' getting-things done mentality so if that is you - please read on! A day in the life of a Data Analyst / Data Engineer
Without your work, data sits idle and useless in a Database or even worse: in Excel sheets and emails. You are the one combining these sources into databases, handling large amounts of data loads in no-time. You like developing visual reports, KPI scorecards, and dashboards, connecting data sources, importing data, ETL processing and transforming data for Business intelligence. Data analysts, business users, Supply Chain Professionals are continuously praising you. That is why you wake up to go to work!
You think of a new idea's you would like to try out. You start investigating and write it up for the next experimentation day. You will ask for feedback from colleagues on your latest idea's. As a Data Analyst / Data Engineer you will never get bored with many experienced and skilled colleagues around you, the freedom to innovate and contribute to the overall result, the Customer Experience. What you will bring to the team:
What you will gain:
- Technology degree (or relevant academic qualification).
- 1-2 years commercial experience or internship from your degree qualification.
- Good hands-on knowledge of SQL & JSON.
- Knowledge of one (or more) BI platforms or tools (proficient in Power BI).
- Willing to learn about our own Pentaho Data Integration platform (full training is available on this).
• The ability to transform business requirements into technical specifications and output.
• Comfortable in a highly dynamic international environment, working with a variety of disciplines.
• Easy to communicate with for our different international colleagues.
• Fluent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Owning a key role in a Digital and Data transformation for a global company.
- Exposure to a range of new technologies as we evaluate how they can help our transformation.
- Training on the Hitachi PDI (Pentaho Data Integration) platform.
- Competitive salary compensation with incentive plan and great benefits; we even have our own gym!
• Great training and education possibilities.
• International atmosphere and working in an area which is of great importance to the strategy of the Global Supply Chain Group;
• A-full time position
• Great workplace;
• Strong focused, passionate and highly skilled and talented team;
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!