Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara is one of the global leaders in data-driven solutions for commercial and industrial enterprises. Within the Technical Publications group, our goal is to provide an information experience that allows our users to learn and use our products quickly and easily. Easy-to-follow user documentation, including contextual help, videos, and digital media, is a big part of our user's learning, and we're constantly transforming the way our customers view content by investing in researching content consumer preferences and the latest content delivery and digital media technology trends.
We're looking for a highly motivated information developer to work with our Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) team to create product documentation.What You will be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Confer with subject matter experts including Software Developers, Product Managers/Owners, Support, and Sales to establish technical specifications and use cases to determine the subject matter to be developed for publication.
- Research, gather, and analyze data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, product managers/owners) to develop content.
- Develop information development and publishing strategies aligned with the department standards as well as meet project-specific requirements by consulting with the Technical Publications leadership team and the cross-functional product team.
- Develop world-class product information with simple and concise English by organizing ideas and translating complex technical terms into information any reader (both native and non-native English readers) can understand.
- Clarifying terminology and working with software developers to achieve consistency in the product and documentation.
- Work with the Product Design (UX) team to define the voice and the tone of the product with an emphasis on grammatical accuracy.
- Participate in all feature sprints, print retrospective, and planning meetings.
- Participate in product design reviews. Review product design and UI and revise UI messages.
- Manage and lead multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with other writers.
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Develop scripts (narrations) for how-to and feature videos by working with the cross-functional team (Dev, PM, PO, Marketing, Sales, Video Producer) and orchestrate a video development project.
- Proactively seek and solicit feedback from internal and external readers. Analyze and prioritize technical feedback from various audiences and drive necessary changes into documentation or products.
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science, or other relevant fields.
- Technical writing certification is a plus.
- An organized self-starter with a strong bias for action and the ability to work with cross-functional teams with interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed clearly.
- Strong technical aptitude to learn products through hands-on experience.
- Must have excellent writing skills, 10+ years of experience in software documentation, online publishing, online help development, API documentation, installation and user guides, and release notes.
- Must provide writing samples of Object Storage.
- Proven technical writing and editing skills. Superior command of the English language including rules and usage.
- Experience with API tools such as Swagger.
- Proficiency in DITA, XML, MS Visio, and Adobe Acrobat is a must.
- Proficiency in SDL Tridion Docs (formally SDL Content Architect) or another Component Content Management System (CCMS) and oXygen or equivalent is a must.
- Proficiency in these technologies/tools: Writing samples required.
- S3 compatible object store
- Containers and microservices
- Certification in Kubernetes is a plus
- A strong understanding of topic-based authoring and reusable information architecture is a must.
- Experience with agile software development processes and tools, such as JIRA and Confluence, is a must.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Project team lead experience is a must.
- People management experience is a plus.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge