To assist Trades People in conducting repairs of mechanical equipment and parts and maintaining the workshop and associated equipment in a safe, clean and tidy condition.
- Operate grinders, spray painting equipment and other tools and machinery as required, in a safe manner.
- Assist trades people conducting repairs of mechanical equipment and parts.
- Assist with maintaining the workshop and associated equipment in a safe, clean, and tidy condition.
- Read and comprehend instructions, memos, general correspondence and apply the knowledge of a reasonable person to carry out instructions.
- Develop knowledge of workshop procedures, the use and maintenance of workshop equipment, and operation of a plant.
- Record information as required or as detailed in scopes of work/job routes.
- Supply relevant information to enable the Branch Manager or Salesperson to provide a costing for the customer.
- General knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare regulations; and
- Work both autonomously and within a team.
Induction and Onboarding
- Complete all relevant work-site inductions prior to starting work.
- Undertake training as required.
Reporting and Records
- Time recording and timesheets.
- Proactively follow and promote the company Core Values.
- Actively contribute to, and participate in, the delivery of strategic initiatives and projects as required.
- All employees must complete initial HEPI Induction Training.
- Employees must adhere to all Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, and other work practices established by HEPI or governed authorities.
- Avoid any activity that creates or poses a serious hazard to themselves or others while working for HEPI.
- Immediately bring any safety concern to your supervisor, or others designated by departmental procedures. If any employee believes that performing an assigned work task or activity may pose a serious risk to life or health or non-compliant, discuss the issue immediately and directly with your supervisor.
- Prior to operating any equipment supplied by HEPI, employees are to be adequately trained, equipped, monitored, evaluated, and guided as appropriate, to comply with established policies, standards, and procedures.
Business and Technical Systems:
- Computer literate with basic to intermediate Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Academic and Trade Qualifications:
- High Risk Work License – Forklift and Dogging preferred, but not essential.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn and develop.
- Understanding of Safe Operating Procedures.
- General knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare regulations.
- Basic numeracy skills, with the ability to use these skills with weight, volume, and distance measurements.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, general correspondence and apply the knowledge to carry out instructions.
- Ability to work with or without supervision.
- Ability to problem solve.
Personal Qualities and Behavioural Traits:
- Able to work in busy conditions, subject to tight timeframes and with competing demands.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A positive attitude and commitment to continuous improvement.