Job ID: R0012215
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Production & Skilled Trades
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Ground Equipment Manager in Batesburg, SC. who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Ground Equipment Management work encompasses managing/coordinating teams and processes across multiple manufacturing areas including:
- Production Engineering / Manufacturing Process Development.
- Tool and Die/Model Making.
- Production Operations (i.e., assembly, material forming/shaping, processing, treating, packaging, etc.).
- Production Planning/Control A Manager (M3) manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments.
• Ensure the respect of the plant budget by implementing corrective action plans when needed.
• Ensure the monitoring and continuous improvement of the plant processes KPIs in order to guarantee the compliance with the expected levels of performances.
• Ensure the definition of the “New Products” processes and tools.
• Contribute to the definition of the Company Make/Buy strategy by a factually-based-analysis.
• Ensure the implementation of the Company MAKE/BUY strategy.
• Contribute to the MFG budget definition with specific regard to the equipment investments.
• Ensure the monitoring of the Company strategies / MFG action plans (e.g. production transfer to other plants, outsourcing / back sourcing projects).
• Contribute to the definition of the strategic plan for the assigned plant figures (i.e. participating to dedicated meeting with BU Sales / Supply planning Unit).
• Contribute to the definition of action plans to properly manage the balance between demand and plant capacity (e.g. workload analysis, interim workers management, back sourcing of some manufacturing phases, etc.).
• Policy and strategy implementation for short-term results (1 year or less).
• Problems faced are difficult to moderately complex.
• Influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.