In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc. adopts, implements, and updates certain safety protocols in its efforts to promote a healthy and safe workplace for the well-being of our employees, their families, and visitors to our facilities, and to pursue continuity of the Company’s business operations. Where permitted by law, new hires will be required to disclose and certify COVID-19 vaccination status shortly after hire.
WORK STYLE DESIGNATION: Hybrid (+50% Remote)
WORK STYLE REQUIREMENT: Remote-Three (3) days per week/ Onsite-two (2) days per week.
WORK LOCATION: Schaumburg, IL (CGO) Office
TRAVEL REQUIRED: up to 10%
The Senior Human Resources Generalist will work closely with the HR Manager, Senior HR Generalists, and the Division Management teams to provide a wide range of essential human resource support for approximately 45 employees in our headquarters (Schaumburg, IL) office in addition to providing HR support to business groups in multiple locations across the US.
The successful candidate will perform activities in the human resources area within all functions of the employee lifecycle to include recruitment, selection, retention, compensation, administration, training, liability with respect to workers compensation and employee relations. The successful candidate will have an understanding of business acumen, human resources practices and processes in support of the overall business operations and results.
- Responsible for providing HR generalist support in the areas of recruitment/retention, employee relations, performance management, compensation, management consulting and recognition initiatives.
- Partners with HR Manager/Senior HR Generalists to provide guidance to management, including conflict resolution, disciplinary action, and performance improvement counseling. Fosters a positive working environment.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to employment and with company policies and procedures. Maintain all required state, federal and local posters i.e., EEO, Workers’ Compensation, Harassment Prevention, Federal and State Labor Law posters, etc.
- Partner with division Senior HR generalists and management to conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt permanent and temporary hires as needed.
- May facilitate and provide support with new employee orientations as needed.
- As needed, create, inform, educate, and disseminate information on all HR-related programs, policies, and procedures.
- Administer leaves of absences, workers’ compensation, and ADA matters in a timely manner.
- Provide HR administrative support, including maintaining employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions.
- Will be responsible for leading HTA’s government reporting activities, including AAP, EEO-1, and Vets-4212 reports. Compile, review and prepare data and work with legal counsel and HR management as needed to finalize report submissions and prepare any associated executive communications.
- Will be responsible for collaborating with Risk Management department to provide and report data (quantitative/qualitative) as it pertains to required annual insurance renewals i.e., workers compensation, etc.
- Support Divisional inquiries for various HR data to support new/existing customer/supplier requests with a sense of urgency.
- Will be responsible for maintaining tracking and record keeping of corporate records such as personnel files, I-9/E-Verify records and coordinating with HR representative and/or HRG team for updating I-9 records as required.
- May take on other generalist assignments, projects and responsibilities as required.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration or related field required.
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus but not required.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated HR generalist skills in performance management, compensation, training, employee relations and other related areas.
- Minimum 7 years of similar HR generalist experience. Solid understanding of local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Previous experience in collaborating with legal counsel
- Previous experience with I-9 administration, tracking and management of recordkeeping.
- Previous experience with leading the compiling, reviewing, preparing data, submitting, and collaborating with legal counsel regarding affirmative action programs.
- Previous experience with compiling, reviewing, preparing, and submitting data as it pertains to annual EEO-1 reporting, annual Vets-4212 reporting and other govt. reporting requirements as needed and applicable.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to effectively write complex communications
- Highly organized, self-motivated with the ability to prioritize effectively and manage time well.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven critical thinking and project management skills with an attention to detail and strong time-management.
- Proficiency using MS Windows applications (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Preferred knowledge and experience with systems and technology that support HR Shared services (e.g., ADP Workforce Now, Workday, SharePoint).
- Previous experience working in the development and implementation of HR programs and processes is a plus.
- Successful and professional ability to influence and educate employees at all organizational levels.
- Effectively prepare and execute employee relations investigations and other highly confidential and sensitive assignments and projects as required.
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities.
Required to follow and support safety policies and procedures, including the timely completion of Company required safety trainings.
POSITION - SAFETY RISKS AND HAZARDS
·Frequent use of the computer and phone (i.e., basic keyboarding)
·Environmental-controlled building. Ability to work in a fast-paced setting required.
Warning: Due to the nature of the work environment, this job may require working on equipment or in work areas where electromagnetic frequencies may be present from some of the equipment (intensity may vary) which could possibly interfere with certain medical implants or devices. If you have questions, contact Human Resources.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Codes NOFC (see below)
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
C____ Handling / Fingering
N____ Reach Above Shoulder N____ Climb or Crawl
N____ Squat or Kneel
Lifting or Moving
O___ 10 lbs or less
O____ 11-20 lbs
N____ 21-50 lbs
N____ 51-100 lbs
N____ Over 100 lbs
Maximum one person weight lift of no more than 50 pounds under ideal conditions. Requires at least a two-man lift or more if lifting conditions are not ideal or more than 50 pounds, unless lifting device is used that can reduce the load to a safe level.
Push / Pull
0____ 12 lbs or less
N____ 13-25 lbs.
N____ 26-40 lbs
N____ 41-100 lbs
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]