Job ID: R0013164
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2022
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Company: Hitachi Particle Engineering and Services, Inc.
Division: Particle Therapy Division (PTD)
Location: Memphis, TN
Status: 3 months Temp to hire.
Shifts: 8-hour shifts (24-hour coverage), weekday & weekend
Hitachi Particle Engineering and Services, Inc. is looking for an experienced Engineering Technician to provide service and maintenance for the Proton Beam Therapy System, which is used for treating cancer at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, and the associated support systems as assigned. The Engineering Technician will be responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance. The Technician will work as part of the team to ensure compliance of technical and mechanical programs such as; worker safety, spare parts program, tool management, equipment tagging, facility procedure compliance, administrative procedure compliance, office equipment and systems by following all necessary procedures, protocols and guidelines.
· Monitor and positively affect operational performance
· Complete the preventive maintenance and the corrective maintenance
· Work in compliance with all regulatory standards including EH&S, FDA, OSHA Radiation Safety, applicable laws, and internal policies and interpretations of the above as required
· Incorporate new technology, products and processes into daily operations
· Interface with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
· Respond to calls for service support within a reasonable amount of time
· Schedule work and manage spare parts usage to minimize costs and maximize effectiveness
· Monitor and improve Up Time for site PBT systems
· Complete and submit work orders in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details
· Complete and submit all timecards and service reports in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details
· Pack and unpack the cardboard box and/or wooden crate, perform incoming inspection and issue Inventory Adjustment Form.
· Transport packages, wooden crates, gas cylinders to and from the loading dock and mail room
· Minimum of 1 years of experience working or education as a Technician or Field Service Engineer is required.
· At least 1 year of experience for PBT system and/or Medical device environment is preferred.
· Technically skilled with proven ability to troubleshoot problems, solve abstract issues, and interpret policies and procedures
· Ability to -
-read and correctly interpret various engineering documents (schematics, wiring, piping diagrams, etc.)
-use standard electrical test and measurement instruments (Oscilloscope, etc.)
-safely work in regions of mechanical, electrical, high voltage and radiation.
-safely lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
-work on elevated area with safety harnesses
-work as part of a cross-functional team
-maintain focus and work with precision over extended periods
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
· Self-motivated and have strong sense of responsibility
· Develop and improve procedures
· Flexibility to cover rotating shifts and availability to work overtime as needed.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.