Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing and public sector.
Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to enable your customers to realise the highest levels of success. Job Description: Mandatory Technical Skills:
• Extensive knowledge on the Hitachi Storage arrays which include USPV, USP-VM, HUS, VSP, VSP G Series, VSP F Series, HNAS, HCP and UCP.
• Expert level knowledge on Hitachi tools like Tuning Manager, HDCA, Command Suite, Storage Navigator, HTSM, HORCM, CCI, HRPM, etc.
• In-depth knowledge on Configuring and Managing replication (Shadow image/COW, True Copy, HUR), GAD, HORCM.
• In-depth knowledge on Virtualization & Migration techniques (NDM and UVM).
• Installing, configuring, managing & Upgrading HCS, HDCA, HIAA and Tuning Manager tools.
• Performance Analysis, Troubleshooting and Problem Determination using HDCA and Hitachi Tuning manager.
• Experience in verification/validation and planning for required patches / microcode upgrade.
• Hands on experience in configuring and managing the RAID Groups, Storage pools and Storage tiering.
• Understanding and having good knowledge on performance analysis using Brocade network advisor and CLI.
• In-depth understanding on SAN fabric, Virtual Fabric (VSAN), FCIP Configuration & management and Host to SAN connectivity.
• Knowledge on configuring SAN Switches, adding new switch to an existing fabric (ISL & ICL), merging switch fabrics, Trunking, Switch Migrations & Code upgrades.
• Experience in working with multiple vendors to resolve complex technical problems
• Ability to perform Root Cause Analysis on storage issues.
• Able to assist Team Members, Mentor New Joiners in the team and Perform as an Individual Contributor.
• Ability to understand Business requirements & translate them into technology solutions, Implement Best Practices.
• Ownership of Infrastructure and responsible for service uptime / availability
• Prepare / Maintain SOPs and Operational Run books, follow ITIL processes - Incident management, Problem management, Change management, Performance management, Capacity management, Configuration & availability management activities
• Participate in Change & release management
• Plan & Implement routine, normal & complex changes
• Participate in CAB and TAB
• Knowledge about using ticketing system for daily operations - Remedy
• Ability to lead escalations - within Storage and cross platform
• Participate or lead storage projects independentlyOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge