Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job DescriptionKUBERNETES ENGINEER
Hitachi is seeking SRE's at multiple levels. Candidates will be evaluated based on merit.
This is a full-time role in our product organization for an expert in systems design with considerable skill and expertise in large software development. Designs and implements Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tooling using GitHub Actions / Azure DevOps, and related technologies. This includes defining and implementing build and test pipelines for containerized architectures, infrastructure as code (IaC) for the stateful deployment of environments, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), linting and other code quality controls, gitops and kubernetes pipelines, and managing SaaS deployment APIs.
Individuals in this role will assist in the design, engineering, development, planning and administration of Azure Kubernetes AKS clusters for a set of critical business applications. This role will work closely with application, engineering, security and operations teams to engineer and build Kubernetes and Azure PaaS & IaaS solutions within an agile and modern enterprise grade operating model. Qualified applicants will have a demonstrated capability to learn new concepts quickly, and/or have robust domain expertise. Essential Functions:
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining advanced Kubernetes solutions
- Communicating these solutions in a professional way to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborating with other engineers and members of the team using tools like git, in a secure, effective and scalable way
Practices, Principles, Techniques
- Advanced Kubernetes experience
- GitOps (FluxCD, ArgoCD)
- Highly experienced with Docker & Containers and Custom Helm charts
- Top notch Linux skills
- SRE experience for a mid to large enterprise system
- General cloud architecture experience with a major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP) Preferred Azure.
- Experience with building Kubernetes Operators a plus
- General DevOps Experience a plus
- Experience with Custom Controllers, Custom CRD and service mesh.
- Software Engineering background is nice to have
EXAMS / CERTIFICATIONS: (OPTIONAL)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Instrumentation strategy and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Release Communication and Collaboration
- Security and Compliance
- TDD (Test Driven Development, especially with respect to CI/CD and DevOps
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
- CKAD and/or CKA certifications
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status#REMOTE#LI-BA1