Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
The Cloud Licensing Specialist will be responsible for supporting Hitachi Solutions' growing North America Sales team. In this role, you'll provide operational support connecting won customer opportunities to Microsoft partner attribution programs both assisting and managing the mechanisms and processes working to transact and optimize the required functions. You will become a subject matter expert on Microsoft licensing programs and the tools to manage these processes. You will be an advocate for our sales team and cross-train on related functions with your operations peers.
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up their sleeves, and work directly with data coming from disparate systems. You will be passionate about your work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills and be a passionate advocate for your internal stakeholders. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an analyst, operations, or programs role
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
- Proven experience working with sales systems and tools such as CRM, variable compensation, and revenue reporting
- Experienced user of Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of supporting a variety of stakeholders
- Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills
- Experience in prioritization of deliverables and tasks
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization
- Ability to work with remote teams and maintain an unwavering virtual connection presence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.