Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.What you'll be doing:
What you bring to the team:
- Develop scalable, cloud-based data pipelines to support large data volumes and complexity.
- Build self-service business intelligence & reporting capabilities using technologies such as Databricks (Spark).
- Experience handling large volume data as well as both structured/unstructured data of various quality.
- Data integration services such as Azure Data Factory or Google Data Flow.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language: Python, Java or Scala.
- Previous experience working with CI/CD platforms such as Azure DevOps.
- Experience with at least one data cloud service provider, Azure (Preferred), AWS or Google are valuable.
- Problem solving and multi-tasking ability in a fast-paced, globally distributed environment.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge