Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated System RAMS Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Napoli, Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Integrated in the System & Signaling Integration department belonging to the RAMS unit, you will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team in charge of RAMS and V&V governance. The missions are to:
- Lead the execution of the Safety Certification of the rail transit system through opening to revenue service, in accordance with contract requirement, company guidelines and applicable standards
- Coordinate with prime contractor and subcontractors/vendors RAMS staff
- Produce Hazard Analysis and Safety requirements verification checklists
- Verify and sign off design, installation and commissioning of all systems safety related requirements, including Train Control, Passenger Vehicles, Service Vehicles, Traction Electrification, Communications, UPS, Platform Screen Gates and Fire Detection
- Support the Engineering team in finalizing the design of interfaces in order to guarantee the maximum level of availability & Safety in compliance with the System Safety Standards
- Support the Commissioning Manager in identifying and prioritize activities needed to guarantee the minimum level of safety of the various technologies throughout the various commissioning phases
- Interface with the local safety authorities in order to obtain the approval for the various phases of the revenue service
- Perform safety and V&V governance activities at system level, coordination of subsystems RAMS referents for each technology involved in the project
- Contribute to the delivery of systems and subsystems in compliance with the project schedule and the budget
- Reporting to the Project RAMS Manager or to the PM for status, deadline, schedule and budget
- Metro/Railway projects
- Support on other projects on request
- Ensure execution of the Safety activities through participation to projects, bidding and delivery phases: System safety planning, preliminary safety project analyses and early feedback to project team since the early phases of the project (frontloading), attendance to design reviews with suppliers, attendance to safety field tests.
- Ensure Safety Case development
- Ensure delivery of project safety analysis and documents at system and subsystem level in cooperation with the other safety functions, Engineering, Operation & Maintenance and external suppliers.
- Provide technical support to Project RAMS managers or to the PMs for management
- Ensure that subsystems suppliers are provided with unambiguous safety requirements and minimize supplier turnaround time for delivery of subsystem
- safety analysis and V&V evidence.
- definition of actions to be taken by the Subsystem in cases the safety requirements are not complied with;
- initiating and participating in the auditing of the Subsystem Safety Management Organization;
- Ensure development, improvement and implementation of System safety standard processes
- Provide technical support for management and interface of Independent Safety Assessor, Employer and External Authorities
- Ensure the provision of schedule and cost progress
- Ensure the provision of safety requirements, if any, and the Hazard Log to the relevant Product and Signaling safety Engineers
- Years of experience : From 3 to 5
- CENELEC Standards, Verification and Validation, RAM and Safety analyses
- Language: English, French (optional)
Master's Degree (Engineering) or Equivalent Technical Background.
Fluent in English.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail