Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We offer an inclusive, highly collaborative workplace and we recognise our biggest asset is our people; they drive our innovation advantage. Our social Employee Resource Groups, including our active Women of Hitachi, LGBTQ+, CSR and Veteran's communities represent our diverse employee base. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and we're looking for like-minded, passionate and driven people to join us. In return, we offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative culture where you can come to work, be yourself and be successful. The Role
We are seeking a customer-focused technical sales professional who leads the pre-sales effort by creating opportunities and partnering with the Account Manager to build a customer-centric sales value proposition. The remit is to establish a trusted relationship and strong understanding of the customer's business, translating business needs into technical requirement and developing and presenting a technical vision, business case and physical solution specifically modeled for their customers.
The Solutions Consultant owns the technical customer relationship and leverages strong technical and interpersonal skills to lead technical discussions and apply advanced subject matter expertise, providing guidance on current market landscape and challenges, industry trends, and the Hitachi Vantara vision.What you will be doing
What you bring to the team
- Conducting assessment of client business requirements and potential opportunities and create gap analysis and transition roadmap for products, solutions and services
- Building and nurturing relationships with key clients by helping them optimize their Hitachi investments and deliver key business outcomes
- Partnering with AM to define the business account plan and create and execute the technical account plan
- Orchestrating all technical resources engaging the right Hitachi resources with the right people at the right time
- Completing basic design and architecture across Hitachi Vantara Solution set
- Engaging Hitachi Vantara resources, tools and programs including the COE to help accelerate the sales process and reduce time to technical close
- Extremely strong relationship skills and executive-level presence
- Strong leadership, communication, and technical skills
- Persuasive presentation and public speaking skills. Able to command an audience while articulating a meaningful message
- Self-motivated, self-starter and results oriented
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations, and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect; Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity; Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge