Job ID: R0013184
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2022
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi High-Technologies
Company Name: Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc. adopts, implements, and updates certain safety protocols in its efforts to promote a healthy and safe workplace for the well-being of our employees, their families, and visitors to our facilities, and to pursue continuity of the Company’s business operations. Where permitted by law, new hires will be required to disclose and certify COVID-19 vaccination status shortly after hire.
POSITION TITLE: Sales Manager
DIV/DEPARTMENT NAME: Analytical Systems Division
WORK LOCATION: Southwest United States; California, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, Utah
WORK STYLE DESIGNATION: Remote
WORK STYLE REQUIREMENT: Home-based. Frequent driving visits to customers and Hitachi office. Occasional flying visits to customers and Hitachi offices.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: >50%
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Deliver orders to the business that meet volume, product-mix and margin targets, with approved terms, through the development of long-lasting relationships with current and potential customers.
The primary responsibility of this position is to achieve the designated sales performance assigned to a geographical territory by assisting in the development and implementing of tactical and strategic sales plans, documenting quotes, closing orders, and monitoring customer satisfaction with Hitachi technology.
· Maintain a customer focused sales culture, where the customer experience is the top priority.
· Develop and maintain strategic customer relationships.
· Conduct sales calls, schedule promotional work and track sales activities in the assigned geographical territory.
· Conduct presentations directly with customers, either individually, or in combination with Hitachi staff, for example, technical specialists from the Applications Team.
· Maintain the CRM and provide accurate forecasts as requested.
· Drive sales bookings and achieve revenue goals.
· Provide budgetary prices and formal product quotations, prepare proposals and provide information regarding terms of sale and delivery dates.
· Grow prospects, existing customers and the overall sales pipeline through the presentation and promotion of Hitachi products and services via a formal quote process.
· Perform cost-benefit needs analysis for potential/existing customers as needed to aid in the sale of Hitachi products and services.
· Understand Hitachi products and solutions, compile and evaluate data on new accounts, market trends and conditions, and competitive products and pricing.
· Assist in the identification of key accounts, key opinion leaders and other personnel for future staff members as appropriate.
· Develop new business markets within assigned region or industry. Liaise with key staff to develop and implement market strategies to drive Hitachi solutions.
· Develop, maintain and execute a territory plan to achieve/exceed sales quota performance metrics.
· Develop the annual sales forecast.
· Manage expenses of the territory in line with budgetary expectations.
· Maintain and provide management with territorial account records on a timely basis including sales status reports, market trends and new growth areas.
· Provide weekly, mid-monthly and monthly sales performance and territory status to the Western Regional Sales Manager and/or the North American Sales Manager.
· Drive sales of industrial instrumentation for customer centric workflows. Aid in the generation, preparation and management of technical sales content to ensure competitiveness in the marketplace.
· Contribute to developing effective strategies and tactics that will enable Hitachi to gain and maintain market share.
· Provide constructive feedback (VOC) from customers to Hitachi to help guide continuous development of products that more effectively address customers' needs.
· Participate and be an active member in national and regional associations, discussion groups, and forums.
· Manage and attend trade shows as required.
· Establish partnerships in the territory with local service and other support staff to ensure total customer solution and satisfaction.
· Maintain a strong work ethic.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· BS degree in a related engineering, scientific, or business field; an MS or other advanced education and/or coursework is helpful. An educational background in analytical chemistry or material analysis is preferred, although not required.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Prior experience in managing and executing product sales, KOL and business-to-business activities. Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in the area of technical sales.
Territorial account knowledge of business type, location, key personnel as it applies to the business of Hitachi will be of special value.
Knowledge of XRF, LIBS, & OES product lines is helpful; but, not required.
Knowledge of the market segments of PMI QA/QC (Manufacturing Quality Control); PMI Inspection (Positive Material Identification Inspection), which is unique to Petrochem, Oil & Gas, Oil Refinery, Power Generation, and Nuclear Power Plant applications; Scrap/Recycling; and Secondary Metal Production is helpful; but, not required.
· Experienced/knowledgeable in generating own sales leads.
· Knowledge and understanding of business-to-business sales; initialing customer relations, customer/account profiling, goal setting, prospecting and qualifying new accounts, time, territory and KOL management.
· Assessment techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating, managing resistance, negotiating, gaining commitment and reporting sales.
· Additional skills required for managing sales, such as planning, organizing, communicating, conducting presentations, writing letters and proposals, and documentation.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment where change, flexibility and adaptability are essential.
· Knowledge and understanding of marketing and communications practices involving the development of advertisements, product promotional pieces, trade shows and other sales supporting documentation; and working with a Marketing function.
· Willingness to engage in ongoing training for both product knowledge and sales improvement. Keep abreast of best practices with respect to sales.
· Previous experience selling industrial analysis equipment is helpful; but, not required.
· Demonstrates an attitude of continuous improvement. Participates in ongoing training.
Frequent travel is expected (>50% of time spent visiting customers).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
Able to read and understand technical and non-technical documents as related to the sale of and contracts for the company's products. This includes the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Salesforce.com CRM, and/or similar computer-based software products.
Warning: Due to the nature of the work environment, this job may require working on equipment or in work areas where electromagnetic frequencies may be present from some of the equipment (intensity may vary) which could possibly interfere with certain medical implants or devices. If you have questions, contact Human Resources.
Include any protective equipment that must be worn, e.g., ear protection, safety glasses.
Occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses and hearing protection may be required at customer sites and Hitachi facilities.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Check/Add as needed; indicate codes NOFC (see below)
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
__F__ Handling / Fingering
__O__ Reach Above Shoulder
__O_ Climb or Crawl
__O_ Squat or Kneel
Lifting or Moving
_F__10 lbs or less
_F__ 11-20 lbs
_O__ 21-50 lbs
_O__ 51-100 lbs
_O__ Over 100 lbs
Maximum one person weight lift of no more than 50 pounds under ideal conditions. Requires at least a two-man lift or more if lifting conditions are not ideal or more than 50 pounds, unless lifting device is used that can reduce the load to a safe level.
Push / Pull
_F_ 12 lbs or less
_O__ 13-25 lbs.
_O__ 26-40 lbs
_O__ 41-100 lbs
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]