*US residency and working authorization required The Company
Are you ready to change the world? Do you want to be passionate about your employer and the brand you represent? Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd, guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired. Job Overview:
Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding the Company's booking quota for Digital Solutions and Services in assigned territory. Identifies, develops, and retains new business relationships. Develops sales opportunities through prospecting, cold calling, and leveraging third party relationships. Responsible for sales account management and customer satisfaction. Reports to the Vice President of Sales, Digital Solutions Business Unit Responsibilities:
Position Requirements: Education, Experience & Training required:
- Achieve sales objectives primarily through selling Digital Solutions and Services to new customers.
- Develops and maintains an effective business, sales, and marketing plan for assigned territory.
- Develops sales strategies that link prospect's business drivers to Digital Solutions and Services offerings and Hitachi Vantara's capabilities.
- Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships.
- Accountable for driving the sales process through business discovery, opportunity qualification, needs analysis, product positioning, business case development, negotiation and close.
- Understand the buying process and align resources needed to facilitate account penetration.
- Consistently maintains a reasonable number of new weekly face-to-face prospect meetings.
- Work with consulting team when implementation, integration, project management support is required.
- Effectively demonstrates and presents Digital Solutions and Services products and value proposition & Hitachi Vantara services and solutions to qualified prospects.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high level of knowledge about Digital Solutions and Services offerings.
- Demonstrate and maintain an understanding of the territory, marketplace, competitive offerings to Digital Solutions and Services and to Hitachi Vantara, and other business issues relevant to the position.
- Use effective time and territory management to maximize results.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Digital Solutions and Services and other third parties to increase opportunities.
- Respond to RFPs/RFIs, coordinating and organizing input from multiple sources within Hitachi Vantara
- Properly forecasts monthly, quarterly and annual booking values for assigned territory
- Document daily sales activities in sales force automation tool, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales bookings and communicate activities to sales management.
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Hitachi Vantara to help meet company objectives.
- Effectively demonstrates and presents Hitachi Vantara's Digital Solutions and Services to qualified prospects.
- Accurately qualifies and prepares Leadership, Consultants and Services staff for customer demonstrations and presentations.
- Provide feedback from field experience to internal cross-functional teams with regard to product, selling, and competitive matters.
- Shares input with other departments in preparing sales materials and technical publications.
- Operates under moderate supervision.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Degree in a business or technical related area of study
- Minimum of 5 years' experience selling Digital Solutions and Services into Aerospace & Defense Industry
- Added value: Strong understanding of ERP Transformation Services, Cloud Engineering or Managed Services within Aerospace Industry
- Current rolodex of A&D clients
Critical Performance Competencies:
- Successful experience identifying, qualifying, and closing new business.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales, and marketing plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software direct and reseller sales channels.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate complex contracts.
- Strong ability to create sales presentation messages, demonstrate Digital Solutions and Services, positioning statements, and other sales collateral.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required.
- Various means of travel are required, including air travel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Interacts with consulting, marketing, finance and external customers.
- Vertical specific experience with the Aerospace and Defence Industry
- Proficiency in a Consultative Selling approach
- Have a specialized expertise on specific manufacturing sub-segments with an in-depth understanding of the trends, challenges and opportunities in those segments
- Ability to engage with clients in C-Suite conversations addressing industry business drivers
- Demonstrates different influence styles as appropriate to situation while maintaining positive relationships
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with associates and customers
- Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas using speech, and listening skills to influences others and gain support
- Adjust to new, different, or changing requirements
- Listens with objectivity and checks for understanding
- Persists despite obstacles and opposition or setbacks
- Competitive, high achiever
- Holds self-accountable for results
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Outcome driven focus and considers meeting & exceeding performance targets as the North Star
- Displays a curious mind set
- Displays a passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
- Displays ability to connect the dots to create winning propositions
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected compensation for this position is approx. $175K base per year, with a lucrative commission plan earning up to $1M per year.
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus, sales target incentive or commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.