Head of Bidding Signalling Australia
Job ID: R0013203
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS Australia Pty Ltd
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
- Lead team of bid managers in Australia for the preparation and submission of bids to clients.
- Liaise with clients on bid preparation.
- Liaise with Executive Management on bid preparation and bid approval process.
- Ensure the preparation of bids in compliance with bidding process from bid start through order booking and handover.
- Ensure the strategy with Sales targets and the implementation of Company policies / guidelines for the definition and preparation of all financial / economic items of the assigned bids
- Confirm alignment between delivery team and sales team.
- Contribute to the definition of the bid strategy
- Ensure the control of the bidding costs for the assigned region
- Ensure the continuous update of opportunities data base for the assigned region
- Ensure the implementation of lessons learned from delivery teams for assigned region
- Maintain bid information and filing.
- Manage offers submission and negotiation according to delegated authority.
- Identify and assess market trends, business opportunities, customer needs and orientations, competitors, and potential strategic partners.
- Lead discussions with clients and partner addressing win to win solutions.
- Interact with other company’s departments to discuss and analyze technical matters on offers proposed.
- 5+ years of experience in Sales, Business Development or Bidding position, or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments
- Experience in business operations and/or commercial activities, such as negotiation and contracting skills in a B2B context
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn technical matter
- Planning and Organizational skills to plan and execute a customer account strategy
- Data mining and analysis skills to analyze customer and industry data
- Public speaking capabilities and strong communicator skills
- Office Suites knowledge (mostly Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strategic and global mindset
- Prior experience working in the railroad industry (preferred)
- Technical knowledge in emerging fields of big data & analytics, cyber security, and software development (desired, but not necessary).