Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Hitachi Vantara's Global Supply Chain Group is looking for an individual contributor to prepare solutions based demand plans through a collaborative planning process. The successful candidate will have direct experience in product or solutions driven demand planning. Solutions demand planning may include responsibility for Hitachi and third-party products.
Within HV Global Supply Chain group, we are focused on the customer experience. Our goal is to exceed our customer's expectations with rapid, compliant and cost competitive fulfillment. We are part of a customer focused culture across all Supply Chain functional groups.
The Demand Planner is responsible for developing demand plans for all assigned products in all regions. In a collaborative process, you will be responsible for developing forward forecasts in a team process working with Sales, Product Management and Supply Planning colleagues. You will also be responsible for supporting the development and improvement of systems and tools used to collect, format and analyze data to develop and publish forecasts.
You will utilize your analytical capabilities and experience to drive demand plans across the full life cycle of assigned products and solutions. Working proactively with Sales and Product Management team members, you will understand business requirements and demand pattern changes to produce each demand plan. Additionally, you will help to identify opportunities where process and tool improvements can add value.
What you bring to the team
- Develop a forward looking, unit based demand forecast, incorporating and balancing inputs from data, Supply Chain, Sales and Product Management for assigned products and solutions
- Measure and respond to variance between demand plan and actual shipments and bookings for all products
- Use effective reporting and communication tools to reach consensus through data and share understanding of the demand forecast
- Create and develop effective partnerships with Sales, Product Management and Supply Chain colleagues in support of the demand planning cycle and process
- Collaborate effectively with new product readiness and supply planning colleagues to drive achievement of order fulfillment goals
- Working closely with the other Demand Planners to provide analysis across all product lines
- Minimum of 3 years of recent and relevant experience in demand planning, unconstrained forecasting
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, direct experience in Supply Chain
- Experience in Oracle Demand Management Cloud a plus
- Knowledge in Power BI preferred
- Travel requirements of this role are infrequent but could include Domestic and International; you must currently possess or qualify for required international travel documents
- Demonstrated ability to gather and interpret data to identify trends, patterns and provide recommendations for forecast and action
- Proven ability to synthesize complex information and effectively communicate to others
Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others
- Willing to constructively challenge current processes or procedures to drive improvement
- Highly detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to achieve common business goals; evidence of ability to develop and maintain collaboration with others
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills with ability to manage complex formulas, modeling and formatting
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $90,000 - $100,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge