Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Turin, Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 14,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
With reference to complex projects/ bids:
- Timely delivery of materials either on a single "high complexity" project or on more "medium/small
- complexity" international projects in accordance with Integrated Project Schedule and Budget.
- Synergies optimization among projects in order to increase delivery efficiency.
- Continuous improvement in Supply Chain Planning processes with special focus on cross functional
- Finalization & submission of make and buy external cost estimation.
With reference to activities on high complexity" project / bids or on more "medium/small complexity and international projects/ bids :
- Ensure the issuing of an estimation of the overall external costs on “high complexity” Bids
- Ensure the external cost planning and forecast (for materials, services, packages and subcontractors)
- during the project execution phase in collaboration with cost controlling dept.
- Ensure the submission of all project Supply Chain inputs required to define and issue the Integrated Project Plan
- Ensure the issuing and distribution to the project teams of the planning and logistics relevant docs (Logistic Plan, MPS, Inventory Report, etc)
- Ensure the project material delivery (including spare parts and repairing of failed material) in accordance with the project plan by coordinating all planning & logistics activities among the different legal entities involved in the project
- Ensure the “launch of the production” on the basis of project requirements (Transfer orders, Purchase orders, advance demand, ...) in alignment with the project schedule
- Ensure the issuing of the Purchase Requests for all materials, external services, packages and subcontractor to ensure project on time delivery
- Ensure the issuing of the supplier logistic and supply planning documentation in alignment with contractual requirements (Performance Bond, Transportation Plan, Procurement Plan, Fabrication Plan, …)
- Ensure the monitoring and reporting on supplier performances (including logistic provider) in terms of production, FAT, lead time, shipment , project warehouse management and compliance with contractual requirements
- Ensure the identification and implementation of project mitigation actions due to the risk of potential misalignments of the supplier performances in comparison with the contractual requirements (delays in material FAT and/or delivery, …)
- Ensure the creation of a SES (Service Entry Sheet) and Work Progress Certificate (WPC), based on the supplier achievement of project milestones, authorizing the Subcontractor to issue an invoice
- CET form completed and issued in alignment with the bid schedule
- Material and service delivery in alignment with the Project Integrated Schedule,
- Identification of mitigation actions relate to risk of project delivery delays.
- External cost actual figures vs budget and forecast
- External cost actual, budget and forecast regular update and project reporting (for materials, services, packages and subcontractors)
- Availability and accuracy of Inventory figures for company and/or project warehouses
Skills & Knowledge required:
- Technical Bachelors degree or Equivalent Technical Background
- 5 up to 7 year of expertise within the Supply Chain
- Project Management
- Supplier Management
- Procurement planning methods
- Vendor rating and suppliers monitoring
- Technical/Technology knowledge
- Risk Management
- Continuous improvement
- Documentation management
- MPS-MRP techniques
- Cost Controlling & Budgeting concepts/basics
- Logistic and warehouse management
- Organization & Company Processes knowledge
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail