Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Reporting directly to the VP, Corporate Marketing and Communications, the Senior Manager, Thought Leadership and Communications is responsible leading a team of thought leadership, social media and executive speaker engagement professional to elevate the Hitachi Vantara corporate narrative and lead overall communications and deliverables related to driving corporate reputation programs, executive visibility and speakerships, external thought leadership messaging and platforms, and social media influencer engagements.
This candidate will also be responsible for partnering with PR, Industry Analyst Relations, global marketing teams and business units to align communications themes with adjacent marketing and communications initiatives and deliverables.
What you bring to the team
- This role will also be responsible for writing/copyediting and managing contractors and team members that write content across platforms - blogs, videos, website copy, speeches, and more
- Build a social media insights and global expansion strategy and program to extend reach and influencer engagement
- Inform global editorial calendar for content and writers that are both contracted/and team members to support corporate elevation and thought leadership
- Drive primary and secondary research, such as roundtables, exec interviews and surveys, to support executive thought leadership
- Support PR to drive earned media and to support paid media (e.g., bylines, contributed articles)
- Support Industry Analyst Relations to provide executive thought leadership point of view during briefings and analyst days
- Continually measure and report on performance and optimize against global and regional expectations, goals, KPIs
• 8+ years proven communications and marketing experience
• 5+ years managing a national team
• BA/BS degree, preferably in journalism and Marketing
• External communications experience required
• Strong writing skills such as blogs, social media posts, articles, presentations and copyediting
• Strategic planning ability, solid corporate experience, and broad knowledge of the technology industry
• 5+ years of leading or performing research such as surveys, benchmarks, interviews and roundtables with executives and practitioners
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in English
• Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical and business subjects into provocative, relevant and easy-to-grasp content
• Able to operate in matrix organizations and manage multiple projects concurrently; comfortable working with remote colleagues and stakeholders; experience working across disciplines and geographies
• Strong organizational skills with a keen eye towards detail.
• Self-motivated, able to work autonomously and communicate with remote colleagues and management.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead internal stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and influence indirectly
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $135,000 - $145,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge