Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We are looking for a senior automation test engineer with extensive Python experience. In this role you will be a key member of the SDET (Software Development in Test) team working on the next generation of our filesystem. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing an automation framework in a multi-node mesh fabric environment. In addition, you will assist the team implementing automated test cases to be integrated into the CI/CD pipeline. The team and organization are growing quickly providing excellent opportunities for growth in your career.
• Collaborating with team members to develop new and integrate existing automation frameworks
• Design and develop automated test cases validating functional areas of code based on design specs, protocol specs and PRD's
• Participating in bi-directional code reviews, design discussions, and task breakdowns.
• Collaborating with teammates in an Agile software development lifecycle.
• Track automation related and product related defects to closure
• Integrate automated test cases into the CI/CD workflow
• 6+ years' experience Python experience.
• 6+ years' experience with Linux system administration activities; user account, upgrades, storage configuration etc.
• Direct experience designing and implementing test automation frameworks in python using a client-server architecture.
• Demonstratable knowledge coding python for multi-platform support
• Familiar with GitHub, GitHub Actions, Jira and Jenkins
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Active participation in a modern/distributed team environment
• Understanding of storage and filesystem technologies
• Automation within high complexity, distributed systemsOur Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge