Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Manager - Network Engineering, this role will be key to developing, delivering and supporting enterprise network solutions, (both internal and external) that will enable Hitachi Vantara to be a leader in the delivery of solutions for Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and Social Innovation. The Hitachi Vantara Network team is rethinking everything with an emphasis on leveraging software defined solutions in the LAN, WAN, and Data Center, driving automation throughout the network service stack and increasing efficiency and reliability of delivered services.
You'll be involved in:
What you bring to the team
- Engineering, designing, and deploying network services and solutions Lan, wireless, SDWAN & Palo Alto firewalls.
- Deployments related to Juniper MIST, Cisco and Meraki wireless technologies in multi-site environments.
- Developing infrastructure roadmaps, conducting feasibility studies, and reviewing proposals with peer IT groups.
- Deployment of solutions starting with the proof of concept and continuing through full deployment and support transition to Operations teams.
- Identifying, recommending, and leading continuous network infrastructure improvement efforts.
- Finding and recommending new innovative products, services, and solutions.
- Driving innovation and automation across the network and enable other teams to do the same.
- Being an escalation point to Operations teams and a mentor to other Network Engineers.
- Being responsible for network Infrastructure projects in APAC/EMEA.
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience as a Network engineer working on LAN, WAN, Wireless, SD-WAN technologies.
- Demonstrable experience in Routing & Switching - Cisco, Firewalls - Palo Alto firewalls, Wireless - MiST solutions.
- Design of application-aware networks leveraging solutions that include SD-WAN, SDLAN and the associated orchestration and control tools.
- Familiarity and experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS, transparent proxy and explicit Web proxy, and network optimisation/acceleration.
- Experience in capacity planning, QoS, and intelligent/optimal path selection methodologies.
- Very good English skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field - nice to have.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge