What are we looking for: The suitable candidate will have strong experience in project management in rail systems and signaling Traffic Management Systems, along with experience in real-time system engineering, testing and integration activities, software verification and validation best practices and safety critical techniques. Experience in turnkey projects (within rail signalling) highly desirable, particularly delivering systems such as ETCS, ERTMS and CBTC.
The accountabilities of the Project Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Project Delivery Function and maintenance of the Project Delivery Plan;
- Assisting the Project Director with strategy development and budget management;
- Supervising the production of the project plans and schedules;
- Coordinating project reporting in compliance with the Contract and internal requirements;
- Contract Administration including the management of Progress & Variation Claims, Invoicing and timely Payment Collection;
- Preparing, disseminating and maintenance of the contract compliance matrix;
- Coordinating and supporting internal and external audits;
- Assisting the Project Director with commercial issues involving the Contract and Sub-contracts as necessary;
- Liaising with the Project staff as required to capture actual progress for reports and to identify any project wide risks to the Project Director;
- Attending/chairing Project meetings and arrange the preparation of progress reports, performance reviews and commercial reports;
- Representing the Project Director at customer meetings when required;
- Ensuring all activities undertaken are conducted with due regard to a high level of continuous improvement;
- Ensuring all activities undertaken are conducted with due regard to a high level of safety.
Key Experiences preferred:
The candidate of choice should bring 5+ years of hands-on experience of:
- Proven track record delivering complex and international projects +$100 million, in Systems Delivery
- Significant commercial experience (5+ years) working in complex, multi-discipline engineering projects including phases of design, procurement, construction, commissioning. Ideally within the rail industry.
- A degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Training in PMP, Prince 2 or similar Project Management methodology.
- Highly motivated, with excellent leadership, organisational, communication and people skills.
- Agile mindset, able to take prompt decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work and lead in a multicultural environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Experience in the following areas of project management: Customer management, scheduling, planning, critical path analysis, change management, risk management, cost estimation
Key qualifications preferred:
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with background in Systems Engineering.
- 5 + years experience in a project management role, and this having this experience in rail, systems and signalling is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse cultural organization with multiple key stakeholders displaying highly polished interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in effective resource management and working with a large multi-cultural team;
- Strong working relationships with technology providers;
- Experience in real-time system engineering; testing and integration activities, software verification and validation best practices and safety critical techniques.
- Estimating and negotiations.