Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Meet our Team
We partner with Hitachi Vantara's Sales team and leadership to translate the company's sales strategy into an effective operating model. Our Sales teams represent Hitachi Vantara to major clients across many industries and markets, and our team supports all of the planning, operational management, and execution functions that drive successful and high performing sales people. Our data-driven culture and insatiable curiosity drive actionable insights that bring value to the organisation, and we need highly capable and experienced professionals to passionately partner with our stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
The Senior Sales Operations Analyst is primarily responsible for commercial oversight of business activity at Hitachi Vantara. The Senior Sales Operations Analyst will work as part of the ANZ Sales Operations team, and provide analysis and management of sales pipelines, opportunity qualification, deal governance, and advice in commercial modelling and pricing
This role will work closely with the sales and ANZ management teams and will also have the potential for some customer facing requirements. It is expected that the Senior Sales Operations Analyst will work as a valued part of the wider sales team, to provide commercial insights, review and qualify opportunities and bid strategies, while also engaging with management and other functions to ensure all aspects of major opportunities have been considered. As a result of this work, the role is a key contributor to qualifying and managing the region's opportunity pipeline.
The role is dynamic and the ability to work with ambiguous and fluid situations and information, with limited guidance, is key.
The Senior Sales Operations Analyst is expected to work closely with District Sales Directors, ANZ Region management team, and the APAC Commercial team, to ensure that in-country governance processes flow efficiently and effectively between the various stakeholders.
Overall responsibility for designing and implementing a governance framework for opportunities in the Region, and executing processes against that framework.
• Responsibility for ensuring governance processes identify opportunities that are appropriate for escalation into the APAC Deal Operations Centre, and supporting that process.
• Support the Sales Operations Directors in reviewing contracts and agreements, providing feedback and input to ensure terms are aligned with Hitachi Vantara expectations, and are commercially sound.
• Support the Region with the development of programs, and assist in deployment of global initiatives, as and when required.
• Overall responsibility for reviewing major opportunities in the Region's pipeline, ensuring they have been appropriately qualified by the Sales team
• Support OPEX and consumption-style opportunities, in conjunction with the APAC Strategic Deal team, ensuring that all teams are working collaboratively to share all relevant information, providing support for the sales function to extract the most value out of opportunities as possible.
• Provide deal approval recommendations to Sales Operations leadership, ensuring that opportunities are reviewed holistically in line with a business case, and all supporting information is complete for senior Sales and Sales Operations leadership to execute approvals.
• Assist Sales in the response and preparation of customer proposals, including Hitachi responses to bids
Pricing and Deal Structuring
• Understand the commercial and operational implications of contractual obligations in customer contracts
• Provide input into contract negotiations, and provide feedback and support when required
• Identify pricing strategies for complex sales proposals
• Maintain standard price scenarios for select customers, including developing rate cards and pricing bands to drive consistency and predictability in customer pricing
• Assist APAC Strategic Deals team with complex deal structuring, especially for non-Capex proposals.
Business Planning & Analysis
• Support the ANZ Region in reviewing sales forecasts, identifying risk & opportunity items, highlighting these to senior leaders
• Promote and drive the adoption of standardised forecast tools, including corporate-managed dashboards and models, to ensure consistency in information and conversations are driven from "single source of truth"
• Drive annual cadences that support all Business Planning cycles, including Account Planning, Account Segmentation, Territory Mapping, and Quota Deployment
Qualifications & Profile
• Degree or equivalent formal education,
• A minimum of 7 years in analysis, pricing and/or financial modelling experience in a similar role.
• Experience preparing business cases and total cost of ownership models
• Experience in supporting and being involved in complex business decisions
• Previously worked in a technology organisation
• Possess the ability to work independently in an unstructured and high pace environment
• Highly developed financial, business and commercial acumen
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modelling skills
• Well organised, adaptable style and a clear thinker.
• Ethical and honest in all respects.
• Understand the need for and embrace change, effectively plan, prepare and lead change.
• Advanced communication, problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and in a collaborative manner
• Demonstrate a deal maker and business development attitude with high motivation to perform and achieve/overachieve consistently to objectives.
• Self-starter who demonstrates drive, initiative and proactive leadership.
• Ability to work with and through account managers who are the primary owners of the customer relationship
• Ability to develop contacts and relationship within Hitachi Data Systems and the marketplace.
• Willingness and ability to work under pressure with a positive spirit to remove barriers.
• An ability and willingness to work effectively in cross-cultural teams and will be expected to maintain good communication with his/her management and colleagues so that no opportunities are lost
• Possess good understanding of Hitachi Vantara's global capabilities and the global business and market issues facing clients.
• A track record of achievement within a sales environment. Appropriate candidates will possess good product and technical understanding.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge