Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara is seeking to hire an ambitious Software Developer Engineer (Test) to work with our global Engineering team playing a vital role in driving the quality process within Lumada Data Catalog (LDC) product engineering group.
Our team is smart, visionary, supportive and, above all, excited by what we do! If the idea of applying technology and data automation techniques to solve complex data problems excites you, keep reading, we'd love to hear from you! What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- You will be able to understand customer usage models, understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline LDC quality assurance process.
- You will work directly with both Software Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency.
- You will be writing automation code that automatically verifies the quality and functionality of the product.
- Required Bachler's and/or master's in computer science, Data Science or related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics) field.
- 1-2 years' experience SQL and NoSQL databases (MongoDB a plus) and must have hands on experience querying database
- 1-2 years' experience with shell scripting languages i.e., Bash, or PowerShell
- 1-2 years' experience in data profiling is a plus i.e., Profile any data Big, or small, whether from RDBMS, Logs, data warehouses or other sources
- 1-2 experience working with and deploying services within AWS, Azure, and/or GCP cloud.
- 1-2 years' experience analyzing Java Garbage Collection (GC) logs, and understanding GC algorithms, memory profiling, etc. is a plus.
- Good Understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Must be U.S.A. Citizen and/or Green Card holder
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge