Meet The Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition and deliver the service against customer maintenance contracts. This role will report into the Global Customer Services & Support (GCSS) organization in AMER. *This is a Hybrid role and is based in Toronto, Canada. What You Will Be Doing
As part of the Customer Service & Support (CS&S) organization, a Customer Engineer (CE) is a technical role focused on learning as well as providing direct support. CEs will work under the direction of a senior Customer Engineer, assisting in installations and/or maintenance, monitoring error logs and replacing components as needed. The CS&S Customer Engineer will provide expanded core skills, maintain client relationships within geography, deliver solutions support, lead escalation resolution, and mentor partners, customers, and new hires.
As part of the Customer Service & Support (CS&S) organization, a Senior Customer Engineer (CE) is responsible for installing and servicing all Hitachi Vantara maintained equipment at the customer location and for customer satisfaction in all aspects of the job (i.e., communication, performance of duties, etc.). This role will monitor Hitachi Remote OPs information and subsystem error logs to clarify cases daily in an effort to minimize or eliminate any impact to the customer. The Sr. Customer Engineer is also responsible for maintaining the products (Hardware and Software) at an optimal availability level by responding to trouble calls and by performing proper preventative, predictive and concurrent maintenance activities. This person will mentor less experienced CEs when appropriate and provide skills transfer. Responsibilities
What You Bring To The Team
- Installation, De-Installation & Planning
- Microcode Release/Engineering Changes Implementation & Planning
- Customer Problem Determination and Break/Fix Remedy including documentation of events
- High level of Participation in Systems Assurance Planning & Execution
- Respond to Trouble Calls within Hitachi Vantara guidelines
- Communicates Clearly with Customer and Team members on all Maintenance Activities
- Performs basic Solution Services delivery on customer engagements
- Identifies Revenue Generating Opportunities to the Sales Teams
- 1+ years' experience with Hitachi or like storage environments with S/390 and Open Systems background
- Computer Science degree is a plus
- Must have basics of today's technology platforms in the storage arena
- Must have working knowledge of multiple Operating Systems
- Must be able to work weekends and nights for on-call duty
- Provides in-depth Customer interface for all technical related issues
- Performs in-depth analysis of Customer problems
- Must be able to meet security clearance requirement. Candidate must have resided in Canada for at least 10 years for their eligibility to apply for a Secret Security Clearance which is required to access numerous customers' locations for service.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge