Meet our Team
We are the EMEA Tax Team of Global Financial Shared Service (GFSS) at Hitachi Vantara. We ensure tax compliance in 36 countries, covering wide range of taxation spectrum including VAT, Corporate Income Tax, WHT, a variety of trade statistics, national banks reporting and more. We do not only prepare the declarations but are in constant contact with other departments to provide our advise and ensure tax compliance. Apart from the compliance obligations, we represent Hitachi Vantara during the tax audits.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- preparation and submission of VAT declarations, European Sales/Purchase Listing, SAF-T and Intrastat reports in compliance with country tax regulations,
- preparation and submission of tax-related statistics required by national banks, customs offices, national office of statistics,
- close cooperation with PTP/RTR/Logistics/Sales Operations departments to ensure correct VAT treatment and accounting,
- assistance of data delivery in case of tax inspections and statutory audits.
- Knowledge of International and Domestic VAT legislation, typically with 3-5 years of experience,
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to prioritize and flexibility while adhering to tight timelines,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Fluency in English.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge