10+ to 15 Years
(duties listed as bullets)
The successful candidate will manage and drive the contract and commercial management aspects of all the details below effectively.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensure the identification of opportunities to minimize contract risk and plan commercial risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure the provision to BU Regions of the needed information related to the following areas:
- Definition of Contract Management processes, procedures, guidelines, forms and templates;
- Provide commercial assessment of terms and conditions, risks, and assumptions during Bid Phase;
- Monitor, support, and report on all customer, JV/Partner, and sub-contractor contract-related commercial impacts and risks, to or from Hitachi (For example - placing customer on notice for delays/impacts, contract changes/credits, or defending against assertions/claims.);
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance of appropriate strategic commercial approach, based on contract type (I.e. FFP, T&M, etc.);
- Develop and implement contract management infrastructure. (I.e. maintenance of contractual records and documentation, contract correspondence, contractual changes, status reports, tools, etc.);
- Monitor schedule impacts to baseline schedule, in conjunction with Project Planner;
- Monitor project contracts to ensure compliance until completion;
- Claims preparation support and disputes handling in accordance with the contract provisions;
- Support Project Manager with proper negotiation and management of variation orders in order to maximize returns;
Proper implementation of contractual aspects related to Key shared accountabilities
- Support BU in Client business conditions monitoring, by recommending adjustments to commercial strategies and targets contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- Commercial and contractual management of subcontractors after subcontract award. Serve as the point of contact for subcontractors on contractual matters. Act as contractual “middleman” between company employees and contractors, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations and claims.
- Maintain contractual records and documentations and ensuring procedures are in place for control of all contract correspondence, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all assigned projects. Conduct periodic audits/reviews of same.
- Drafting and/or reviewing key project correspondence with regard to commercial content.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Identify and manage project commercial and contracting risks and coordinate mitigation measures and contractual insurance requirements.
- Prepare contract/commercial risk assessments and deliver contract briefings to project teams as required.
- Handle on-going issue and change management to maximize early identification and settlement and minimize claims and disputes.
- Work with Supply Chain to monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverable, invoicing etc.)
- Oversee 3rd party Service Level Agreement Compliance
- Management of contractual claims for time and money, both Incoming and Outgoing with both Customers and Subcontractors.
- Ensure schedule reporting content matches contractual requirements and supports claimed contractual entitlements.
- Provide on-demand contractual clarifications / position statements to project team members as required
Required Skills & Experience
(MUST-HAVE minimum requirements)
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering discipline such as Electrical, Mechanical or Civil; or
- Tertiary qualification in Construction Management; or
- Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying, preferably RICS qualified
Desired Skills & Experience
(Your Ideal Candidate- knowing the ideal candidate doesn’t exist)
- Post graduate qualifications in construction law, dispute resolution or contracts management are highly desirable
- Minimum 15-years experience in the railway/infrastructure/construction industry of which at least 8-years was in senior contract & commercial roles in complex technical or engineering based organization
- Minimum 5 years experience of managing medium to large-scale design/build or EPC projects